FIVE-O...Busted

I got busted at the cruise-in today. Got me for improper use of a horn. I may have blown it a handful of times within a 4 hour period, but keep in mind there are other drivers doing loud smokey burnouts in front of crowds of people standing on the curb…but the cops have better things to worry about…like that guy with a train horn…

Tried to look up what the fine was and its not listed under the phoenix website so that means I have to show up in court for improper use of a horn.

WasteOfTime…

Bummer…let us know how it goes. Sounds like waste of time to show up for a freaking horn violation!

Don’t get me wrong - I have a lot of respect for those that choose to serve because I’ve worked with many of them. Not too many jobs out there where you have to worry about coming home safe again that night.

But … having said that [sarcasm switch ON] - Nice once again to see that we’re being kept safe from the “real criminals” in society. :mad:

Makes me wonder sometimes how often this is just a case of “having to do your job” vs. “hating the guy with the train horn”.

What about the rest of the story?

Didn’t he put you on the Group W Bench w/ the father rapers?

I had my gopro recording so I have the conversation between me and the cop. He wasn’t being an “oven” or nice either… so neutral I guess

First thing he asked me is why did I honk my horn? What am I supposed to say haha cause it’s fun? Instead I said for the same reason why everyone is doing burnouts. His immediate response was because their being stupid (something along the lines of that). And I just said sure if you want to put it that way.

So maybe a little of both… But hating on everybody instead of just me.

Maybe things were just slow for him and you gave him an opportunity to write a ticket. It still sucks though.

Looks like you and I are in the same boat. This Wednesday I have court for my Horn ticket. lol. Got mine on film here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyNb-lqogRE Anyway, keep us updated.

Tell me how your goes and what the procedure was.

iNFamaStalin were the roads closed off to where only the Applicants for the cruse could be on the street in their vehicles? If so, you can have it dismissed since the road was closed to general Public during the cruse. But me, I had to pay a fine of $247.00. so, I was not. due to The roads were opened back up to the public when I was setting mine off. Good Luck.

$247 hot dam thats a chunk of change for a improper use of horn ticket. Thats more than a speeding ticket I believe.

Ironic I know. Someone speeding down the freeway only gets a $142.00 Ticket. So much for “Serve and Protect” Right? lol.

So my ticket is $180 and some change…which includes court fees…

Ouch. I still can’t believe you had to go to court over something so trivial.

So my fine was reduced to 50 bucks.

Fantabulous news! … how did you manage that?

Haha I don’t know…I didn’t do anything special. My guess is the female judges are sometimes nicer, but who knows.

Complete Opposite here :rolleyes: