shocker XL horns inside box / directions?

Hi guys,

is it possible to mount two shocker XL horns facing each side or will it sound goofy?

Any disadvantages from mounting them inside a box? Of course I will cut four hole for openings of the trumpets.
I plan to to pair 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 with 1 being the longest.

Started today mounting the saftey valve and drain plug extension. I used 3 rotations sealing tape on the reducers, but I can’t screw them all the way in.

The saftey valve had some red stuff on it, but even that can’t be screwed in all the way.

Can I leave it like that or will it leak?

The plug went all the way in using also 3 rotations sealing tape:

The horns will sound muffled inside of a box especially if that bed cover is down. NPT threads are tapered and do not need to be threaded in all the way to seal. I haven’t had much luck with Teflon tape. Loctite 545 would work better.

Thank you sir! Can’t find Loctite 545 over here, but 542.

Noooooooo!

When it comes to LocTite follow these words:

Blue is good
Red you’re dead

Red LocTite will need a lot of heat to get it to loosen up, so always use blue.

-Kris

Hm I didn’t find any blue loctite for pneumatics/hydraulics :frowning:

So slowly moving forward and next question:
Can I use the filter on the viair like this or do I have to relocate the filter housing? It fits in there and doesn’t touch the tank, but its a really tight fit…

Had to remove the drain, because idiot me left that rubber thing at the compressor hose inside, when I installed it and it got caught in the drain on the botton --> no problem breaking the red LocTite loose :smiley:

I had a horn setup in the back of a 97 Ram pickup with a bed cover. Sounded a little less with bed cover down. Much better with cover rolled up. Like your install.:D:D:D