Go Back   Train Horn Forums > Automotive > Reviews
 Register

Old 18th April 2013
Shocker

repeatman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hornblasters Shocker Classic with upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Jersey View Post
Hello. Not to step on anybodies toes or start any arguments, being a warranty is involved. But yes you can tune them with adjusting the allen screw on the back caps. I have many times. I make custom bells to Nathan/Airchimes chords. All you are doing is putting pressure on the diaphragm to the air pressure. Like stated if it's covered by warranty send it in get another. If not leave me a PM and will walk you through it.
No toes stepped on here, I'm pretty much a Diy guy. Something breaks I like to fix it. I did not take the horn apart, all I did was hook the squaking horn up by it self and honk it then turn the allen screw little by little until it sounded right again. Simple procedure.

2010 Marin Bicycle w Torker Bicycle trailer, Grovers 1045 and 1042. 120 psi. Delco Remy Stock horns on Handlebars. TYC Alternator, York 210 (Both Pulleys turn with wheels. Centennial Car Battery for power.

2000 Honda Accord. Nathan Airchime K3HA, 7 Gallon tank, Vi-air 280-P and Vi-air 380-C, Denso 130 amp alternator from Junk yard Honda Odyssey.
Old 23rd April 2013

Dirty Jersey is on a distinguished road

Great you did it correctly. Also, when all together blowing, see how the bell sounds. You will hear a difference. Might have to adjust again. How I adjust is a 1/16" at a time. I have did some custom work with the company that manufacures them for HB.

Dodge 2500 QC Diesel 4x4 LB with a little work done.

To many horns to list.
Old 23rd April 2013
Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Jersey View Post
Great you did it correctly. Also, when all together blowing, see how the bell sounds. You will hear a difference. Might have to adjust again. How I adjust is a 1/16" at a time. I have did some custom work with the company that manufacures them for HB.
Yeah, Maybe when I take them off of my truck sometime in the future (During some Maintenance) I will try that. I'm pretty much still under doctor orders to "Take it Easy!". lol

2010 Marin Bicycle w Torker Bicycle trailer, Grovers 1045 and 1042. 120 psi. Delco Remy Stock horns on Handlebars. TYC Alternator, York 210 (Both Pulleys turn with wheels. Centennial Car Battery for power.

2000 Honda Accord. Nathan Airchime K3HA, 7 Gallon tank, Vi-air 280-P and Vi-air 380-C, Denso 130 amp alternator from Junk yard Honda Odyssey.
Old 14th May 2013
Conductor

danwat12345 is on a distinguished road

From the manufacture; " any components are available individually. However, the diaphragm does not normally wear out, due to use, within 20 years or so. The only need for replacement I've seen is due to damage - someone pokes a hole with a sharp rod or something like that."

So I guess you can buy new diaphragms if that is ever the problem. How you would take apart the horns and put them back together, I'm not sure
1999CivicDX with Shocker 240 kit, 55w HID headlights, 35w DDMtuning HID back-up lights (for when driving backwards, mounted in stock reverse light fixture) Cheap $11 side fog lights from Harbor Freight for side illumination for neighborhood street corners/pothole lights.
2KW inverter hooked up to the battery, inverter behind driver's seat.
160Amp alternator.
Genuine locomotive E-bell zip tied&U-bolted inside back bumper.
2/15/2012: 225K miles
Train horn vids; Youtube 'danwat1234'
Old 17th May 2013
Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by danwat12345 View Post
From the manufacture; " any components are available individually. However, the diaphragm does not normally wear out, due to use, within 20 years or so. The only need for replacement I've seen is due to damage - someone pokes a hole with a sharp rod or something like that."

So I guess you can buy new diaphragms if that is ever the problem. How you would take apart the horns and put them back together, I'm not sure
I recently acquired this.

It has the exact same size diaphragms as the shockers. It was actually pretty easy except I really don't recommend taking apart shockers unless you HAVE to.

Old 2 Weeks Ago

Hrnzy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by repeatman View Post
I recently acquired this.

It has the exact same size diaphragms as the shockers. It was actually pretty easy except I really don't recommend taking apart shockers unless you HAVE to.
May I know what this is? The photo isn't loading so I can't even view it

Tags
shocker review