Go Back   Train Horn Forums > Automotive > Suspension & Air Ride
 Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 6th August 2015
flex flex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: September 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 58
flex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adding airbags to shocker system

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineOne View Post
and it makes for a good scare if you're in close quarters when the horns would hurt someone's ears more than scaring them.
I can confirm this. Once I accidently tripped my safety blow-off. Damn that scared the sht out of me
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 7th August 2015
Stinkypete's Avatar
Stinkypete Stinkypete is offline
Super Stinky!
 
Join Date: February 2009
Location: LONDON - UK
Posts: 2,794
Stinkypete is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adding airbags to shocker system

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex View Post
I can confirm this. Once I accidently tripped my safety blow-off. Damn that scared the sht out of me
I have a solenoid that I use to release the water from the tank! Is proper funny at bus stops! luckily I don't get much of a build up of water/condensation as I am always passing bus stops lol lol

Also, I once had a pressure switch fail & I used to fill the tank by watching the gauge and switching the main switch to the compressor, until one day I had a blonde moment and forgot to look at the gauge, bare in mind the 5gallon tank was right behind my seat at head level, there was a sudden loud crack & lots of whoosing noise and the cab was like have its own hurricane inside, I defo changed my pants when I got home!
__________________
https://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=6818

K5 AIRCHIMES ON A LITTLE NEMO VAN
8.5 GALLON AIR TANK
3 x VIAIR 400c COMPRESSORs
HORNBLASTERS MANUAL VALVE
2 x 1/2" SOLENOIDS
HORNBLASTERS 100w PA SYSTEM
100ft 2 CHANNEL REMOTE CONTROL UNIT

check out www.hornstaruk.co.uk TWO IN THE PINKY, ONE IN THE STINKY!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 7th August 2015
flex flex is offline
Member
 
Join Date: September 2014
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 58
flex is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adding airbags to shocker system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkypete View Post
I have a solenoid that I use to release the water from the tank! Is proper funny at bus stops! luckily I don't get much of a build up of water/condensation as I am always passing bus stops lol lol

Also, I once had a pressure switch fail & I used to fill the tank by watching the gauge and switching the main switch to the compressor, until one day I had a blonde moment and forgot to look at the gauge, bare in mind the 5gallon tank was right behind my seat at head level, there was a sudden loud crack & lots of whoosing noise and the cab was like have its own hurricane inside, I defo changed my pants when I got home!
Oh wow did the tank crack or any other component? or you had a safety blow off
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 7th August 2015
Stinkypete's Avatar
Stinkypete Stinkypete is offline
Super Stinky!
 
Join Date: February 2009
Location: LONDON - UK
Posts: 2,794
Stinkypete is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Adding airbags to shocker system

Quote:
Originally Posted by flex View Post
Oh wow did the tank crack or any other component? or you had a safety blow off
Yeah sorry mate, meant to say, the safety valve operated at around 175psi, scared the crap out of me!!! At first I was it a total state of confusion, especially when little beads of ice were popping about all over the place!! Hahahaha
__________________
https://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=6818

K5 AIRCHIMES ON A LITTLE NEMO VAN
8.5 GALLON AIR TANK
3 x VIAIR 400c COMPRESSORs
HORNBLASTERS MANUAL VALVE
2 x 1/2" SOLENOIDS
HORNBLASTERS 100w PA SYSTEM
100ft 2 CHANNEL REMOTE CONTROL UNIT

check out www.hornstaruk.co.uk TWO IN THE PINKY, ONE IN THE STINKY!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.