Go Back   Train Horn Forums > Automotive > Reviews
 Register

Old 13th February 2013
Shocker

repeatman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Hornblasters Shocker Classic with upgrade

had these horns since March of 2011. Love them! still loud as hell to this day and going strong. I only bought just the horns since I already had compressors and a 3 gallon air tank available on my truck already. They are easy to install on anything! and I mean, Anything! check attachments. I had them on my bicycle trailer. being light weight and made of plastic don't let that fool you these are Loud!

Pros:
Loud
easy to install
lightweight

cons:
as the forum user "Socalmike" Stated the horns do get out of tune and need to be retuned. They make a squak sound when this happens. It can be fixed by simple tightening the allen screw on the back of the horns.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg (92.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_2 copy.jpg (92.1 KB, 34 views)

2010 Marin Bicycle w Torker Bicycle trailer, Grovers 1045 and 1042. 120 psi. Delco Remy Stock horns on Handlebars. TYC Alternator, York 210 (Both Pulleys turn with wheels. Centennial Car Battery for power.

2000 Honda Accord. Nathan Airchime K3HA, 7 Gallon tank, Vi-air 280-P and Vi-air 380-C, Denso 130 amp alternator from Junk yard Honda Odyssey.
Old 13th February 2013
Shocker

Default Re: Hornblasters Shocker Classic with upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by repeatman View Post
had these horns since March of 2011. Love them! still loud as hell to this day and going strong. I only bought just the horns since I already had compressors and a 3 gallon air tank available on my truck already. They are easy to install on anything! and I mean, Anything! check attachments. I had them on my bicycle trailer. being light weight and made of plastic don't let that fool you these are Loud!

Pros:
Loud
easy to install
lightweight

cons:
as the forum user "Socalmike" Stated the horns do get out of tune and need to be retuned. They make a squak sound when this happens. It can be fixed by simple tightening the allen screw on the back of the horns.

here is the other attatchment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg imagejpeg_2.jpg (90.5 KB, 53 views)

2010 Marin Bicycle w Torker Bicycle trailer, Grovers 1045 and 1042. 120 psi. Delco Remy Stock horns on Handlebars. TYC Alternator, York 210 (Both Pulleys turn with wheels. Centennial Car Battery for power.

2000 Honda Accord. Nathan Airchime K3HA, 7 Gallon tank, Vi-air 280-P and Vi-air 380-C, Denso 130 amp alternator from Junk yard Honda Odyssey.
Old 13th February 2013
Conductor

djQUAN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to djQUAN

Tightening the tuning screws will void your warranty though. In my case, it would cost a new set of Shockers to have them shipped then back for warranty so I opened mine up. The squealing horn had grains of sand on the lip of the chamber and diaphragm so it got dented and started squealing. I still yet to have new SS diaphragms made. Looking for a shop around here. Would be nice to have HB sell replacement Shocker diaphragms though.
Custom Electronic pressure switch at 130psi
Three chime Semi horns for daily driving
Shocker XL for playtime
Old 10th March 2013
Shocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djQUAN View Post
Tightening the tuning screws will void your warranty though. In my case, it would cost a new set of Shockers to have them shipped then back for warranty so I opened mine up. The squealing horn had grains of sand on the lip of the chamber and diaphragm so it got dented and started squealing. I still yet to have new SS diaphragms made. Looking for a shop around here. Would be nice to have HB sell replacement Shocker diaphragms though.
Give HB A call or try measuring the diaphragm and see if anybody sells a similar size or not. Hope this helps.

Old 7th April 2013

surrealone is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djQUAN View Post
Tightening the tuning screws will void your warranty though. In my case, it would cost a new set of Shockers to have them shipped then back for warranty so I opened mine up.
If these are not serviceable or it'll void the warranty to service them, that's a huge drawback ... one that might have me looking elsewhere. I'd very much like to see a written response from HB, Angie@HB, etc. on this topic, as it seems a little short-sighted not to permit people to service their horns. I'm hoping replacement parts are available, too, and, if not, that may be a deal-killer as it pertains to me buing Shockers.
Old 8th April 2013

Angie@hornblasters is on a distinguished road

Tuning the horn yourself or taking the horn apart does void the lifetime warranty. We replace the horn with the consumer paying for shipping. Internationally, I could see how paying shipping would be a pain in the butt. It wouldn't cost much more to have the old horn shipped to us and new one returned to you than purchasing a new diaphragm and having that shipped to you anyway.

We do not have replacement diaphragms as these are machine tuned individually to carry the necessary chord. Sending a replacement diaphragm would mean that you would need that necessary machine to re-tune the horn properly to get the correct chord it comes with.

Hope this helps.

HornBlasters, Inc.
39440 Pattie Road
Zephyrhills, FL 33540-3158
USA
Toll Free: 1-877-209-8179
Phone: +1 (813) 783-8058 x308
Email: Angie@hornblasters.com
AIM: hornblasters
Facebook: www.facebook.com/hornblasters
Myspace: www.myspace.com/hornblasters
Our Blog: blog.hornblasters.com
Twitter: www.twitter.com/hornblasters
Instagram: Hornblasters
Old 8th April 2013
Super Stinky!

Stinkypete is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie@hornblasters View Post
Internationally, I could see how paying shipping would be a pain in the butt. It wouldn't cost much more to have the old horn shipped to us and new one returned to you than purchasing a new diaphragm and having that shipped to you anyway.
You can say that again!! (Pain in the butt, Horn in the Butt)

I personally own three sets of Shockers & have only ever had one "Squealer" which was replaced by Rigo free of charge plus shipping.
I also have lost count of the Shockers kits I have sold over here & to date have not had any problems with any of them! (fingers crossed)

K5 AIRCHIMES ON A LITTLE NEMO VAN
8.5 GALLON AIR TANK
3 x VIAIR 400c COMPRESSORs
HORNBLASTERS MANUAL VALVE
2 x 1/2" SOLENOIDS
HORNBLASTERS 100w PA SYSTEM
100ft 2 CHANNEL REMOTE CONTROL UNIT

check out www.hornstaruk.co.uk TWO IN THE PINKY, ONE IN THE STINKY!!

Last edited by Stinkypete; 8th April 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 9th April 2013

surrealone is on a distinguished road

Thanks, Angie. That seems fair ... and your verbal indication that they don't come back for retuning much also provided the confidence I needed to take the Shocker plunge.
Old 14th April 2013
Shocker

all 4 horns are still functioning strong! Once I get some Nathan's I will be installing the shockers on a 1993 Lexus LS400. Gonna be challenging. I love a good Challenge.

Old 16th April 2013

Dirty Jersey is on a distinguished road

Hello. Not to step on anybodies toes or start any arguments, being a warranty is involved. But yes you can tune them with adjusting the allen screw on the back caps. I have many times. I make custom bells to Nathan/Airchimes chords. All you are doing is putting pressure on the diaphragm to the air pressure. Like stated if it's covered by warranty send it in get another. If not leave me a PM and will walk you through it.

Dodge 2500 QC Diesel 4x4 LB with a little work done.

To many horns to list.

Tags
shocker review