Confused about Air line

The bottle neck is going to be the 1/16" holes on each bells. From all the calculations ive done the 1/2"OD 3/8"ID brake line should provide enough cfm if you are using less than 15’ of tubing.

why would you use quick fit connections…that reduces the air intake to 1/8" then back to your regualr line…think about it

The quick fit connectors I sell do not restrict air. So long as your smallest restriction is no less then 1/2 ID your not going to see a difference if its 1/2 id or 5/8 id. I have tested airlines from 3/8 to 1 inch.

click image

$martguy:
That’s no fun about the rust i had to deal with that in my old setup because i never drained the tank enough

So as long as the smallest restriction is 1/2" ID it doesn’t change anything after that point? So it could be 1" ID and not affect the sound?

So i’m going to Lowes today and gonna get 5/8" OD which has a 1/2" ID is that right?

Yes sir, your system is only as good as your smallest restriction. Also anything above 1/2 airline is overkill, and depending on length and air valve placement will aid in a delay in the horns sounding.

awesome thank you

you said using 1/2 OD is fine…but place 5/8 OD…and you will hear a difference it will get louder…your echos will be louder and sound clearer

get another solenoid and run 2 hoses one to each port of the k5la. Then talk about loud. Someone on here was telling me they did that.

would this be similar to using two valves on a set of shockers?
i have an extra valve, and am thinking of trying to run 1 valve per 2 horns if it would be louder

yeah it would be louder