How long can I run my compressor safely?

my ground is good its bolted through the floor

But how clean is the connection there and where the battery is grounded. The chassis is lousy conductor. Can you connect the ground wire directly to the battery, especially if the ground wire is copper?

hmm i’ll have to try it,i figured it wouldnt make a differance in performance i mean a grounds a ground i thought

lance, just a quick question…

what temp is the thermal cut-off set in viair comps? are they similar in all models?

I figured it out. It’s my pressure switch. Should be here in a few days…Gotta love hornblasters warranty/customer service!!

hornblasters rules!

Ground, as in CHASSIS ground… a sheetmetal ground is never going to be as electrically sound as a quality chassis ground. Ask anyone with a unibody car, they’ll tell you…

That’s excellent, glad to hear you got it solved and yes HB FTW.

my jeep was unibody and the ground was suffecient when it wanted to it seems. run it to battery…

Yupp I got the new pressure switch and sure enough it was that. It still takes a while to fill the tank tho :frowning: oh well, atleast it works!

most compressor companys recomend from every 10 minutes of run time allow 5 minutes of cool time :slight_smile:

Unless you get an Oasis XD4000. That’s continuous @ 200 PSI for hours.

This is only true if the compressor is 50% duty cycle. All compressors of different make and manufacture have varying duty cycles - so your recommendation is incorrect.

Shocker 240 Kit Includes:

[ul]
[li]Shocker S4 Train Horns
[/li][li]DOT Rated 2 Gallon Air Tank
[/li]
[li]Viair 400C Compressor THIS COMPRESSOR IS 33% DUTY CYCLE
[/li]
[li]Viair 110/150 PSI Pressure Switch THIS COMPRESSOR IS ONLY RATED TO 150 PSI
[/li]

[li]Remote Mountable Intake Filter Assembly
[/li][li]Air Filter Cartridges
[/li][li]20’ of 5/16” D.O.T. Approved Airline
[/li][li]6’ of 3/8” Airline (For Intake)
[/li][li]20’ of 12 Gauge Power Wire
[/li][li]1/4” NPT Electric Solenoid Valve
[/li][li]Brass NPT Fittings Kit Including Safety Valve and Blowoff
[/li][li]Wiring & Plumbing Kit
[/li][li]Mounting Hardware
[/li][li]Detailed Instructions
[/li][/ul]

At 33% duty cycle, you would see 15 min. on, 30 min. off as a typical maximum run time per cycle. Operation exceeding 15-20 minutes may trip the thermal overload protector, depending on the ambient temperature in the environment the compressor is being operated.

Totally missed this… I believe its somewhere around 185F

i stand corrected i was going off my air zenith

Air Zeniths claim to be 100% duty cycle at 200 PSI - which they are not.

I heard AZ was a cheap spin off from Viair so you’re better off getting the real thing.