Problem or not?

First, this is not true of all electric compressors. I can only speak for VIAIR pumps here. - Installed properly and maintained well, a VIAIR compressor should last approximately 500 hours. This does not mean that the pump cannot be rebuilt however and last an additional 500 hours, and so on, and so on…

We do have a pump that is rated for 1,000 hours, but it is not used for air horns. Its an extremely slow, extremely high duty cycle unit developed for use in ambulances that kneel when picking up or dropping off patients.

OK I was just wondering. I know there are plenty of variables when talking about how long something will last, and since your the Pheumatic Guru I thought I would ask. thanks

Remember, moisture and grit are a compressor’s worst enemies. The more steps you can take to remove moisture (use a water separator) and grit (route your intake filter into the engine intake box) - the better.

The rest is all up to the quality of your installation…

hey superduty, sorry I didn’t get back to you,was outta town.the aluminum stock you can get from home depot.should find it located in the isle with all the bolts and nuts and screws etc.:smiley:

I have to give it to VIAIR compressors. I’ve had mine for almost 2 years and no problems. I do plan on stepping up to (2) 480c’s

dual 480s are the shiit! love mine! only thing i would get next is an EDC

Thanks. It looks like I will need to build something like that to hold the K5LA upright.