Viair Duty Cycles

Ok, thanks. I just wish I had done a little more research before diving into the whole train horn craze. Of course, I would not have had any issues if 4WheelParts had not messed up my order and sent me a 20 gallon tank instead of the 12 gallon tank I paid for. I think I finally understand why the larger tank makes such a difference. If I understand correctly, the pressure drop from 200 psi to 165 psi represents a particular volume of air. With a 20 gallon tank, the volume of air that has to be released to drop the pressure from 200 psi to 165 psi is almost twice the amount of a 12 gallon tank. The recovery time to get the tank back up to 200 psi on a 20 gallon tank is going to be almost twice as long as the recovery time on a 12 gallon tank.

On that note, I think that Viair (and Viair customers) could really benefit from a chart on it’s website that shows all of the compressors and how they compare and what the benefits of one is over the other for specific applications. Like, which ones would be best for running air tools or air suspension or horns or airing up tires. I don’t know if the dual 480C setup was the best choice for me. It would just be nice to make an educated decision about these things. I read all the charts on Viair’s website, but to be honest, it’s hard to make heads or tails out of all those charts. One simple to read chart showing all the compressors, their specs, and suggested applications would be great.