Got cut off, threaten, called the cops, train horns are legal

The wife and I were out to get some Blue Buffalo dog food for our pup a couple weeks ago when I notice some moron go from the outside turn lane, through a busy intersection, and cut off the (now) outside straight lane.

Yeah, this guy is a winner.

I point him out to the wife, and she’s now on standby to call 911 waiting for this dude to become the accident. As we continue down the road he cuts someone else off and becomes more aggressive.

Relay has power, check.

Tank is full, check.

Hand on the manual valve, check.

We drive a little further when I make a lane change as the road goes from 2 lanes to 3 lanes for the mini-mall where we need to go when he dives in front of me.

Wrong move. He gets a solid 3 second blast and ducks into the bike lane. He throws me the finger and instead of getting into the mini-mall we just head to the light and make a right, then another right into the mini-mall.

This guy follows me, takes pictures of me and my truck, and screams how “train horns are illegal” and he’s calling the police. What twinkle toes doesn’t realize is I’m on the phone with 911 asking for a unit to respond since he’s aggressive and threatening me and the wife.

Dumb Dumb leaves when I tell him to call the police since I’m talking to them right now, giving them the car description, direction he’s headed, and plate number.

Cop shows up and I tell him right from the get go … I have a train horn, he cut me off and was so close I couldn’t see him through the rear glass on his car. I gave him a good blast which was about 4 seconds long. Someone else tells the cop the same thing, thanks me for blowing the train horn because the guy was aggressive, gives the cop his info and leaves.

Now the cop tells me what I want to hear … He asks, “You have train horns?”

Yep and I know they’re illegal.

“No, they’re legal and it’s okay to have them.” Say what?

Apparently the excessively loud horn doesn’t deal with decibels, but in it’s operation. Since it doesn’t make noise outside of being blown, it means I’m good to go.

Then he asks two more questions:

“Can I see your setup?”

“Where can I get something like that?”

Ooooooh yeah.

HA! Great story… good outcome :smiley:

Sweeeet!

Awesome!

Wooooow, great!

Which horn did you blow at the perp?

I hope a 5/16" M5…Nahhh that would have killed him…