Horn botton ideas...

In my last car (featured in the HB Rides section) I had the train horn button wired into the stock horn (center steering wheel) button.

This time, I want to do a separate button and keep the stock horn. Problem is, I dont know where to put it. Sometimes, you run in to situations where you need to blast the train horn quickly, therefore I dont want the button mounted far away. Ideally, I want to mount the train horn button on the steering wheel for quick access, but Im not sure how to wire it in properly.

Ive looked into wireless remote buttons, but no…

So far, my favorite momentary switch mounting was on my most recent Trailblazer SS. With the same thought in mind that you have, of keeping a quick and easily accessible button around, I sat in my truck and relaxed as I would normally be while driving. With my right arm leaning on the center console, and my hand hanging off the front of the console…I put my button on the forward-facing side of the console.

It was easily found without even moving my body (just a finger swipe), it was inconspicuous to anyone else, and it would have been very hard to accidentally hit. All around, the best spot possible for that truck.

I’ll see if I can find a pic, might have disappeared on Photobucket…

Ever think about a foot mounted switch?