Horn install help

Hello I installed my airblasters kit. I have the compressor wired into a separate on/off switch And It is working perfect. I have the horn hooked into a push button. The button dosent work every time for some reason. I’m not sure why tho. I have the horn wired to one of the prongs on the push switch, than the other prong on the back of the push switch to the positive of the battery. I have the other wire of the horn grounded to the frame. I can push the button and the horn will blow, than I might press it 5-10 more times befor it will blow again. Than it might work three times in a row. What should I do to try to fix my problem? No wires are loose anywhere either

Welcome to the forum.
What compressor do you have, how many gallons is your tank, how high is your shutoff pressure, and do you give the compressor enough time to refill the tank? Otherwise you might have an intermittent switch.

Try gettin a test 12v bulb, or one of those 12v screwdrivers with a wire attached & a crocodile clip at the end of the wire. Empty the air out of the tank, Attach the crocodile clip or one lead from test lamp to the prong of the switch that goes to the solenoid & then put the screwdriver or remaining test lead to ground. Now everytime you push that button the test lamp should light up, this will prove if it is the solenoid or the push button.:slight_smile:

I have the kit off hornblasters website that’s like $500. I called them and figures out its my push button. It’s brand new too, only lasted like a week. I figured it out by unhooking the button and crossing the two wires together and the horn goes off every time.