I clipped an idiot motorcylist

I’m officially gonna be ruthless to all bikers as of today.

So I’m driving down the M11 motorway and just as I’m about to leave via an arterial slip road I have a bit of a s.m.i.d.s.y (sorry mate I didn’t see you) moment (first time ever) and yes I’ll admit I indicated to cross lanes but didn’t look properly to see the fast approaching motorcyclist (although since he was about to undertake me and had no lights on, maybe I’m only half to blame).
Anyway, I held my hands up to the fault but the dichead seems to forget his place in the vehicular foodchain and decides to drive parallel to me (this time to my right) up the slip road exit to try and eyeball me, so I make no eye contact and stare perfectly ahead of me (this annoys him). Silly man then decides to try his luck and cuts so close in front of me (no indicating or warning) that I was forced to slam on my brakes to avoid clipping him (which is excatly what I didn’t do). You see, I had a split second or less to decide if I wanted to risk being rammed up the ass by traffic behind me through doing an emergency stop or to risk clipping him instead (and sorry but- to hell with whatever becomes of him for doing that). I chose not to brake and simply backed off the gas slightly, but I still gave him a well deserved (albeit totally unintentional) bump up the a*ss courtesy of his previous stupidity. He staggers a bit in front of me and quickly pulls over to the hard shoulder (hopefully bricking it or possibly spoiling for a fight and thinking I’m stupid enough to join him no doubt) so I just drive by, honk my horn in a rage (wishing I had nathan or leslie to back me up) whilst unintentionally jumping the traffic lights in my haste to escape the scene to try and find somewhere to pull over to calm down as I was starting to feel a bit psychotic and I was scaring myself (also I prefer to ensure I’ve not been followed, so I took some corners here and there to get to a quiet side road). I’d hate to think anyone on the scene had assumed I’d just done a hit and run on him (without seeing that he’d cut right across me) and had came to his aid.

Having pulled over and had some crisps and a drink, the disgraceful thing was, he wasn’t a traffic cop, but he had some kind of security clothing (I remembered this now), so I’m all the more glad I didn’t choose to pull over and I hope he learnt his lesson. I meanwhile will just pray nothing like that happens again and begrudge motorcycles all the more as I was almost turned into something of a criminal because he couldn’t keep his temper in check.
I’m not even sure what I expect people on here to say tbh, but I wanted to tell this story (without disguising my original fault, which is the only thing I felt a bit bad for really).

My friend, I believe a new dash cam is in order :slight_smile: That way in case something like this happens you will have a video of the incident on tape :wink: Sounds like he was being a jack oven.

I do have one, I just wonder if it’s a good thing that on this occasion (due to the work going on in my car> ) that I just so happened not to have it powered because the power cable has been internally disconnected.