Suggestions for a portable system

Hello out there,

I am new to the site and hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction.

I am considering a set of horns from Horn Blasters. The system would be used at our high school football games, not mounted in a vehicle.

We currently have a set of horns mounted on top of a large air tank on wheels. At our home games we fill the tank from a compressor then we roll out near the end zone and blast as we score. At our away games, we fill the tank and then transport by either truck or trailer.

I am wanting to upgrade horns and air system. Does anyone out there have suggestions or photos?

Greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum! How big is the tank in gallons? Will it be located where an air line from a compressor on the vehicle can fill it?

Our 12V air compressors will run off the vehicle’s electrical system and it can fill the first 30 gallons from 0 to 150 psi in about 5.5 minutes and about 2 minutes for every 10 gallons after that. Air line will restrict some air flow and increase those times so the shorter the better. A set of Shocker horns will be loud enough that the trailer can be near the vehicle and the horns can still be heard over crowd noise.

Dan,

The tank is about 12 to 15 gallons. I like your idea, that would be the easiest solution for a half time refill. I’ll check your website.

Funny story, last week the opposing team had an air compressor on a trailer. The type I used to see construction companies run jack hammers with. It had a two gallon tank inside with a Cummins diesel engine and one large horn on top of the metal body. We only had to hear it a few times, 47-13 victory.

Thank you for the info!