1KM Remote control

Oi oi guys!

Just thought I’d bore you with my latest proposed mod. I just bought this… Its a 4 channel remote control. They claim with a range of up to a kilometer!! oh yeah baby!

I’m going to use as follows:-

Button A - Will honk them Horns, via a relay:D

Button B - Will switch my Strobes on

Button c - Will switch on the cars ignition, via a relay

Button d - Will activate the Starter motor, via a relay

So I will be able to HONK my horns & start my car from over 1km away!:eek: This will be useful at car shows for when I need to run the compressor to charge the tank. Also will get strange reactions from people.:D:D:D:D

The unit cost me 14quid! free delivery. ($23 & shipped free)

That’s Awesome Pete! Let me know how that turns out??

Dont worry dude…you just know I’m gonna! (This forums kinda like my 2nd home now lol):stuck_out_tongue:

Subscribing :slight_smile:

x2, sounds crazy!

how are you going to bypass the ignition?

where do i buy one if that really works from 1/2 mile out

i am asking the samething

Okay… Bypassing the ignition is the easy bit!!! Honest, mind you I’ve done this a few times now.

Basically… using a relay, you splice into the cables at the ignition switch.
The relay would then power up the ignition.
Then the second button, would control the starter motor. Its probably easier if I drew this out on a diagram. But its seriously easy peasy to do!

I have a immobilisor on the car which is a swipe type, I have to wave a transducer thingeymebob which I just put near to a receiver behind the dash. I intend to just have a little holder, to hold it in the general area, thus engine will start!

If anyones that interested I’ll draw up some diagrams… but let me make sure the remote does wot it says on the box & really works first.

As for where do you get it from…I’ll give ya a clue…

…FLEABAY!!!

so did you install this or not???

Ummmm…not yet…I ordered it two weeks ago so I could put it on before this weekends show, however…I just turned up at the show ground on saturday morning & got a call that it had arrived!!..So i’ll pick it up later and get it fitted as soon as I can!:smiley:

ok get a vid or some pic’s!!!

i bought one of those for mine a while back. worked great for a while until i went to install the new horns and i cut some wire by accident and i lost the instructions for it, so now its just a useless remote lol

Which wire did you cut mate? its really easy to wire. I may be able to help you out?

I installed mine today. At moment i’ve only done it on the horns. The range aint really wot it said on the box, but 200m is not bad!!!

I’m still planning on doing the remote start thing, i’m just waiting to get hold of the relays as we speak! I’ll try to do a vid later on today:D

But guys, this aint bad for wot I paid for it and its easy peasey to install.

So this product gets STINKYS thumbs up!

well mine looks just like yours but it all come in a block box and it has lead wires that come out of each channel, so i have 4 sets of wires coming out of it. you think you could send me a pic of your instructions?

dude, mine has connection blocks and no lead wires coming out of it like this:-

Is yours a 4 ch one like mine? if you can send me a pic of yours,(circuit board) we should be able to worrk out where the wire is supposed to go.

The only instructions are the ones I’ve posted on here fella!

im pretty sure mine works the same, i just have leads coming out of the little connection blocks, so i wire directly into those instead of running it into the block itself like yours. mines a 4 ch also. ill try to get a pic soon. i have to go pull it out of my engine bay, i have it tucked away in there somewhere

Then mate, its easy peasy to sort out… the common (the 12v + -supply) goes on terminals +v & Grd

The switch wires to your horns go on either terminals 2,3 5,6 8,9 or 11,12 get a pic up mate tomoz or whenever you can…its a simple fix mate

Try holding your remote to your cheek (the one on your face) it boosts your range quite a bit.

i think i might try this! i dont really want to have the horns honk with my alarm at all but id love to screw with people near my car, heres the schematic i drew up

i just tried this way and it didnt work. i think my module probably works differently