2003 Ford F550 K3H install with 2 stage valves Hi Low

Hey fellas doing a install and want to share. I already have a DC5000 compressor and 2 5 gal aluminum tanks installed under the truck for the air ride seats, but I’m looking at getting a York 210.

The horn should be here Saturday from Realtrainhorns.net, really cool guy (can’t remember his name:banghead: ) I will be installing the rest hopfully Friday. I have 2 1/2" 16mm orfice valves. There will be 2 mometary switches, one for low volume and another for high volume. Low volume will be set via a ball valve.

Here is picture of the fittings and valves. Use your imagination how the hose will be ran.

Sent while gathering Allison parts.

Nice set up

Yup… looks like a good simple idea. Keen to hear the results.

Should also be very functional - one setting whilst the wife is driving, the other for the conductor :smiley:

Yeah I was going to do a Gram, but I just don’t have the room. So the next best thing (besides what E2E is working on) is this. I should be able to get it pretty close to sounding authentic. Oh and wife never drives…this truck.

Hey great pics and good luck with the Horns!:smiley:

Oh and a quick question? Is Allison Parts your GF? Who is this Allison Parts?:smiley:

I use tapatalk for just about every forum and that is the sig I use just in case someone has an Allison 6 speed for sale. That would make this truck more drivable off the line.

Aha, I see now, are they hard to come by then?

It seems so for the right price. I just missed a complete tranny, wiring harness, TCM and any other little nick nack that I would have needed for $700 from a friend. He’s still looking for me as he has a friend the goes to the car auctions.

Looks like that should do it.
Mine might be overkill. 2 or 3 stage is probably plenty.

I couldn’t find the Loctite 545, but I found the Permatex equivalent.

Got two horn switches and the rest of the rockers today. Horn still isn’t here:mad: Sad that the switches were sent out on 8/1 from Cali and the horn was sent out 7/26 from Ohio, damn USPS priority. Hopfully it will be here Monday. Got the switches wired up and ran to the back, just waiting on the horn to make sure it will fit where I want it to. Anybody have the measurment from the bottom of the manifold (where you hook the air to) to the top of the diaphragm? Its a high manifold.

Looks great ! you will love the horns

Cool switches. Did you do the artwork and get that laser engraved, screen printed or what?

All the artwork was done by Jim at OTRATTW. I just told him what I wanted and this is the out come. The only thing I’m going to do different is either get some green lights or put some kind of green tint behind the switches to match the rest of the dash.

Dare I ask what the heck the “Trunk Monkey” button does?

Nothing right now, just for looks. It was the ac fan switch before I figured out how to get the Cummins fan to work with the ac. It might become a switch for a dumpster juice windshield washer sprayer mounted on the back of the truck:eek:

Thats quality! & yeah… whats a Trunk Monkey? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCUBxgdKZ_Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thats simply awesome, I want a Trunk Monkey! Where do you get them?:smiley:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Otrattw