2006 VW Passat

Anyone know anything about these cars??IM looking to get rid of my avy and getting this… just curious to see what im gettin my self into.

Diesel or gas?

I know the diesel VW’s are having hella issues; transmissions, fuel system, and electrical. Once they hit the 150k mile mark they can eat you up in repair costs.

I’d recommend that if you have the means, don’t buy anything from the '04 to the '09 model years. The '11 model year has less issues with ULSD, the biggest was the fuel pump failures.

-Kris

Its gas… 2.0 turbo 64k miles. Looks brand new…was well kept…

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Okay then you should be fine … make sure you change the timing belt early though, and keep an eye on the transmission. Those are about the only problems I’ve heard with the gas engines.

Also see about joining the Jetta forums, they’ll have even more info for you there.

-Kris

Aight thnx…I hope I can get decent amount on my truck tho…and I will then be putting the k5la on the passat haha

Dont get rid of the avalanche!

How much you want for it? Wanna trade for a 95 firebird :wink:

14k or best offer. No don’t want that car lol…I really like this passat…wanna see pics? Its really clean

The exterior shots look like a toy car, lol.

idk… are u doing this just to save $ on gas or is your heart set on the car?

both…Im tired of the high gas prices and the rocky suspension and air problems… I mean I love my avy, i did so much to it…but im sick of feeling every little pot hole, bump, and crack in the road…im sick of fixing air leaks every few months…im sick of dropping tons of money into that i will never get back…ya i had big plans for it, but its too costly…

the passat is a new project now…I am def. putting my train horns on it…and thats what i loved most about my avy…the bags are def cool to show and do, but i could also bag this passat if i wanted to…

Arent bags supposed to soften every bump so u dont feel them?

Ive thought about doing a setup on mine where i have the standard shock and bag in one… ive seen it elsewhere…

Looks like a nice car tho. Big trunk for big air tank. lol

Just called a buddy - he loves his 2008.
Maybe I could con him into getting some horns after seeing yours. lol

Not really…the ride is terrible on bumpy roads and stuff…but its fine and dandy on a perfect lane…lol
I literally know where every bump and hole is at within a 60 mile radius of where i drive every day…its thats bad on how much i focus on these bumps…and funny when someone else is driving their car, im like move over to other lane theres a bump ahead…lol

2008 avalanche or passat?

Dang bro … if I had a way to get it home, I’d take that avy off your hands real quick … alas, I’m in the sandbox for the next few months and won’t be able to :frowning:

-Kris

Passat. Pretty much the same color too.

Yeah tell him he needs some…Im gona repaint my horns then have to rebuy stuff I need before horns go on passat…but ima make them fit

So will the whole air setup stay w/ the Avy for the bags?

ya bags and air setup stayed with the avy…i took the horns out tho…

Damn, done deal huh?
Doh - there goes the sig and avatar.
Let the fun begin…