2008 Dodge 2500 With CS240

Well my truck isn’t nearly as fancy as most of the vehicles on here but I figured I’d share my install anyways.

Here’s my truck

The install (I kept it way hidden an officer has yet to find it)

I added a toggle switch to the compressor so I can turn it off if I want. Just a push button to activate the valve.

By the way, Whats the best way to upload a short video clip without putting it on youtube?

Looks like a neat install. Got some more pics of your air setup?

Thanks for posting pics. I like how the horns are mounted.
I’d like to see the air setup too.

So are you hinting that a cop has actually looked for them? Haha
Hope you don’t have to honk w/ horses in the trailer.

Some people have uploaded videos to Photobucket.

Your truck is still well cool! I’d donate a testical to own something like that!

Try loading vids via photobucket???

BTW Welcome from across the pond!!!

Thanks guys. Yes he was looking for them, found the air tank but not the horns. That’s why I have the horn on a separate button I can still give them the weak horn without giving the horses a heart attack.

I will get more pics up soon!

Feeling a little under the weather today but I took a couple pictures of the air setup. Its a little messy but I’m tying up the loose ends. The tank is just in front of the passenger side tire and the compressor is in the bed.

So I got two short clips up on photobucket. I didn’t want to make it public so the password is “loudhorns”

This is when an officer asked me to scare his partners. So when they came out I hit em.

HAHAHA… honk that Banana! Nice one.

I see you’re putting it to good use already!

Absolutely, I’ve definitely got the bug. I can’t wait to get a K3 or K5.

Nice truck and install!
Is it just me or does every single guy with a “Cummins” keep his ridiculous tow mirrors flipped up all the time to try and look cool?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I’ve got horses and my girl is big into barrel racing so between that and the travel trailer I got a trailer hooked up pretty much every day I’m not working and don’t feel like constantly flipping them back and forth.

I have to agree with cowboy. My trainer stays hooked up to a trailer. Wether its his 54’ horse trailer, 50’ cow stock trailer or the flatbeds. His mirrors don’t move.

You all know a lot about these setups so I have a question. When I fire the horns
The lowest tone takes longer to sound than the rest. I’ve triple checked and all the hoses from the split to the horns are the same length. Any ideas why it sounds later than the other 3?

Most likely the difference in tension on the diaphragms. The Shockers have a small allen screw on the back cap which pushes the diaphragm onto the seat. The more they’re screwed in, the higher the seal and pressure needed to sound them. It’ll also affect pitch. Angie, correct me if I’m wrong here, but mucking around with the screw voids your warranty as it can place undue stress on the internals if you have them too tight. They should already be adjusted right from the factory… but perhaps yours were either not quite the same or someone played with them.

If you’re not worried about the warranty angle… perhaps you can try loosening the late sounding horn just a little to see if you can get it in-line with the rest of them.

Well I definitely don’t want to void the warranty

I agree with you here!! If you pull a trailer on a regular basis, fine. I know plenty of guys that never pull trailers and they have their mirrors flipped all the time Drives me crazy…

As to the OP, really like the install. Did you have to extend the leader hose of the compressor or does it go right down into the tank?

Space for Rent

Yes I had to extend the leader hose. But luckily Home depot just so happens to have a 14 inch line that they sell that had the same size fittings.

Putting the horn to good use :smiley:

http://youtu.be/xAqbkbBFJj8