2011 Chevy Pick Up New Set up

So I deiced to change up some things. I left my Horns and the 2 valves in place. But I took the tanks off the frame rail and took the compressor out from under the hood. I bought a tool box and I’m putting everything in there. But, its a side mount tool box, so I have been playing around to get everything to fit like a glove. And boy its tight… I decided to change everything up because I had some leaks that I couldnt find to fix. I also went out and spend the money on all new air hoses so I dont have any mid line connections. I also bought the good lock lite. 35 dollars for a small bottle!! Yikes.

But I did learn that my check valve was bad. So maybe this is the reason why my compressor has been running sluggishly and my air has been leaking terribly. It got to the point where my compressor would take 15 mins to fill just 5 gallons and it almost over heated … wait it did over heat and melted my fuse! But anyway. Hopefully with the new check valve everything will be better and hopefully I didnt damage the compressor any,

I added some pics. I will be do the rest next week some time. All I have to do now is connect all the hoses, and all the wires… ( Im redoing them as well… all 10 gauge with heat shrink connectors)

Here are some pictures of what we got going on.

The only question I have is, for the air filter for the compressor, can it stay in the box? or has it has to be outside to box for fresh air?

Thanks

Definitely inside - you want that intake to stay nice and Dry! … that’s unless your box is absolutely air tight (which should be highly unlikely).

You could drill a few holes somewhere two allow enough air in, although, as DeeBeeOhh said it probably wouldn’t be air tight.
The other thing to do would be to fit the air filter up high on the outside on the back or side & use the remote mounting kit & pipe that comes with it

Only other thing, you need to think about is, the Leader hose should be up high going into the tank, to stop moisture/water running down and sitting on the check valve, which could eventually rust up & get stuck?

Also on your schematic drawing, you show the drain plug next to the feed in from the compressor? The drain should be on the bottom & possibly on both tanks? If access to draining the tanks is a problem, then simply fit a 1/2" push fit in the bottom of both tanks, use some 1/2" pipe & run them down to a tee piece & then into a solenoid, out of the solenoid with a piece of 1/2" pipe again, thus you will have a method of discharging the water out of the tanks at the push of a button! Sorted:cool:

Hmm okay I was having the compressor coming into the tank from the bottom… Right next to the drain. The two holes in the center that you see are on the bottom side… I didnt think about the compressor going into the tank being a problem… I might need to re think and find a new location for the compressor hose. I liked it on the bottom because it the original hose that came with it would be long enough to go into that port.

Also, the second tank is sitting above the other tank and compressor. I dont have a port that will face straight down for a drain… being elevated and on the slant like it is, I’m hoping for the water (if any) will stay in the bottom tank. When I had the tanks side by side on the frame rail, i never go any water into the second tank for some reason. Hopefuly I’m this lucky for this tank…

Being as tight as it is in this tool box, Im doing the best i can for what I got.