4-12s and a Trainhorn

Thanks.

Yeah there’s the 1800 in the back and an 1800 in the front with a second 230amp alternator.

That is completely separate from the stock battery and alternator.

Sound deadening over the last couple weeks…

All Second Skin products. Damplifier Pro, OverKill Pro, Luxuryliner Pro.
Front doors are all sealed up with sheetmetal for SQ. Foam in the doors to absorb some of the speakers’ backwave.

It’s going back together now so I can start wiring.

wow nice, looks so empty :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. It’s a little intimidating, but it’s going back together.

LuxuryLiner Pro installed last night…

Looks good so far

seriously nice box work man. i like the battery cubby!

secon skin deadener is awesome stuff. should be so quiet in there :eek:

can’t wait to see it finished!

Been working away. Finally a little something towards the trainhorn. (barely)
But I ran all wiring to the rear while the carpet was out.

So there are these stupid louvers open to the outside. They would be an SPL killer and they kind of go against my sound deadening efforts.

I’m taking them out & sealing up the cab with these plates. The studded plates get siliconed to the outside & the other plates get nutted on the inside. All stainless.

Pretty hard to pressure with these.

On the driver’s side I made a little ‘snorkel’ to come up from the outside so it will shed water. The 1/0 wire is for the rear battery, but everything else goes out to the bed for the air setup. That’s 2 - 8ga for compressors, yellow goes to pressure switch, black & green go to the AZ digital pressure gauge.

All wiring is done under the platform.

Slow but sure…

Wow…VERY impressive.

Yea those things are def SPL killaz. Looking good so far

Looks great man!

Those vents are intended for pressure equalization. To let pressure out from closing doors, better airflow from HVAC system, reduce pressure build up when closing windows, etc. But yeah in your case they work the exact opposite of what you are looking to accomplish! Seal them suckas up!

Right. I just hope my windows don’t fog up too easily.
And my ears might pop when I roll up the windows. Time will tell.

HVAC got modified too…lol
There used to be some ducting under the carpet that went to the rear.
It’s gone and I plugged the hole under the dash.

I needed room under the seats for the Rockford IB-200 tactile transducers. Basically they’re bass shakers and the mounts are welded to the seat frames.

Here is a welded mount. Seats were in & out a lot to check clearances.

Driver’s seat in normal position.

If I want to show them off, I can flip them out by raising the rear of each seat.
That particular part of the seat mechanism rotates.

The amp under the platform is powering these. They completely fool your brain into “hearing” bass - although you’re really only feeling it. I can shut my woofers off for security and still have SQ. At least that’s the plan…

Sounds like a very detailed and complicated install which brings me to the question, are you doing this for personal pleasure or do you intend on showing this truck or competing with it?

Mostly personal satisfaction although I wouldn’t mind a show or two just to get it metered and ‘remember’ the scene a little bit.

I always do some sort of system when I get a different vehicle. But it’s getting a little old having ‘a box and an amp’ and mediocre mids & highs. I bought a brand new vehicle and it’s time to go big… Same goes for the horns (9 K bells) lol

the movable iron bar that holds the tactile transducers will rattle when they become loose. and they will someday after all that vibration. :wink:

Yeah, the I-Beams are inherently rattle makers…lol

There’s so much crap under those seats. I’m sure I’ll have to sniff out a few rattles.

Gotcha

So where did you mount all of the rocker switches?

Haven’t done it yet. It’s probably last on the list, but I’ll make a fiberglass pod wrapped in black vinyl to match the interior. There’re also brushed aluminum accents in the truck so I’ll make a similar face.

I can list out what I have left if anybody is interested.
Each step depends on something else being done.

The last 2 projects are:
Fiberglass pod w/ stainless face for gauges & switches
Fiberglass cover for the box w/ stainless trim rings around amps

That’s after the horns & everything. Sheesh I have a lot to do!

any updates?

Yeah, it’s playing as of last weekend.
Threw a temporary set of comps in the doors just to have full sound.

I still have to properly set the gain, but basically it sucks.
I took a big risk by firing into the platform & it really bit me.
It’s most likely wave cancellation. BAD

It sounds clean and tight, but honestly, 1 - 10 or 12 ported could do what it’s doing.

So back to the drawing board and go ported. I’m thinking subs forward and port up… Any ideas?