5 Prong lighted horn button?

Hi everybody, happy to be here… Can someone give me a clue how to wire this lighted horn button…?

It’s got 5 prongs and I’m clueless… I need to know so I can finally hook up my Wolo Siberian Express… ANY help would be awesome…

What you’ve got there is essentially a standard microswitch (the bottom part with the 3 prongs) with an illuminated push button mounted on top.

Terminals are like this:

• The two outer prongs will be for the light in the button; Depending on the light source (incandecent or led) there will be some marking as to + and -, as well as a voltage rating.

• The three terminals on the microswitch will be one COM (i.e. common; that’s the one on the bottom), one NC (meaning Normally Closed), and one NO (meaning Normally Open).

So… to connect it in a horn function (as a momentary switch):

1. Take your horn wire and cut it
  2. Connect one end to COM terminal
  3. Connect the other end of your wire to the NO terminal

I THINK I get it… But I’m planning to wire this completely separate from my existing factory horn. I didn’t want to have to cut the existing factory horn wire…

Welcome to the Forum. Conceal the train horn switch and system very well and you might escape a ticket if you get pulled over.

Welcome to the forum.

Take 12v + to the COM terminal & connect the wire to your solenoid to the NO terminal, & the rest as DBO said:D

The 12v + to the light on the switch, really wants to come off the accessories supply, so when your put your keys in the ignition the light on the Horn switch comes on.:smiley: