Add-on to the P/A system....

Don’t know how many of you have seen the Youtube videos of people putting together a simple P/A system using a CB radio with a P/A setting, getting a speaker of some kind, and then splicing a 3.5mm audio plug and rewiring it directly to the speaker.

Well, I decided to try it…and it actually WORKED lol I couldn’t believe it. It’s loud enough for talking to someone across the street and maybe the car in front of you, but the guy 2 cars up with his window up wont hear you.

…and that’s the problem.

I’m using a midland CB radio $59
with a 100watt Radioshack outdoor speaker $40

Did a little research and found that the CB radio I’m using only has 4 - 6watts worth of output power, which I ASSUME is about how much it’s pushing to the speaker.

So…yesterday I ordered a boss audio 2 channel 100watt amp for like $30 +shipping and once it gets here, I’ll finally be able to push full power to that speaker…in theory lol. It all looks good on paper, but installs are RARELY straight forward!

I’ll make sure to take pictures / video of it once it’s done.

At least now, after the amp is installed, I’ll be able to plug the 3.5mm jack into my phone and play the ice cream truck song haha!!

Does the Boss amp have “High Level” or “Speaker Level” inputs?

not sure, on Amazon the specs on it are

[ul]
[li]100W x 2 Max Power[/li][li]100W x 2 RMS Power[/li][li]50W x 2 Max Bridged Power[/li][/ul]
It’s this [b]amp[/b]

It’s only going to be using 1 of the 2 channels

You’re good to go. User manual says it has high & low level inputs. You can hook it up either way.

sweeeeeet!

lol I hope its loud!

I have a setup where I have a RadioShack 40 Watt PA System hooked up in my truck to a 40 watt Radio Shack Pa Speaker. VERY FUN! My friend lols when I play an Ice Cream truck song through it and people think I’m an ice Cream truck. Just be Careful where you use it because the cops around here love Writing tickets for stuff like that.

Oh I know lol, I always give the prep talk to all the new people who ride in my truck on what they can and can NOT say! Make sure they don’t say anything that even remotely sounds like you’re a cop…that’s one felony I DON’T want!!!

hahahaha one of my favorite thing to do with it is drive by people who’s dogs are pooping and make sure they pick it up. lol some people hear the P/A and freak out like they’re in trouble xD. So funny

hahahaha!! My friend grabbed my mic one time and said to this chick walking “Nice oven baby!!!” xD I got the most dirtiest look from her ever!

hahaha that reminds me of a few weeks ago, a buddy and I were down at the Over the line tournament in San Diego. We parked next to these FINE chicks and they were doing the whole double-take and looking back all flirtatiously…

well, that was until I blasted them with the horn…hahahahaha I’ve never seen that many girls go from flirting to INSTANTLY pissed the F off that fast lol!!!

It was too funny :smiley:

Oh…I have the P/A install complete, I just need to clean up the wiring a bit and it’ll be all set. I’ll see if I can get a video of it today for you guys.

Hahahaha!!! If I would have done that I would have Immidietly Shouted. “I’m HORNEY!!!” haha! xD