Advanced Install Questions

Gotya!

Yeah…It’s all good.

I’ve got the HB and RTH packages coming. Now I’m nervous about the horns themselves! I won the auction on ebay two days ago, paid within the minute and the seller hasn’t shipped. grumble
I know I OVERLY communicate whenever I sell something. This makes me nervous. If nothing else this will drag out through E-bay and Paypal. Eventually if I have to I’ll just order the bare horns through HB or RTH.

Patience…patience…

pacing around the room

Edit: Just received notice from the seller of the horns. I can breathe now. I also just received the relocation kit from RTH. That was super fast shipping.

I wonder what this is going to be for? Hmmmmm…let me think…

Thank you Angie at Horn Blasters. Now, the horns should arrive on Friday…

Woot!!! :smiley:

…Let the madness begin! The new horns will be installed on the 18th. I’ll start around noon and work until I’m finished. I cannot wait until I get to test these on some SOB who likes to cut people off or tailgate…

The first palm to forehead moment:

^Horn

^Relocation bracket

Stick with me here guys…

^Wait…what?!?

^Uh huh… -_- …

^Something tells me that this might not work correctly… palm to forehead

Apparently I ordered P3 brackets…

…the horns are K3s…

Again, palm to forehead

Ruh Roh Raggy!

Hopefully RTH can get back to me tomorrow. I just need the correct brackets. That being said, I have access to a threading kit and can probably match up the side that fits and thread in my own fitting…

Those are most likely threaded before the brackets are formed into a channel. NPT threads are tapered and must be started from the fitting side of the hole - the inside of the bracket. So you could not thread it now.

Anyway, it “used to be” that they would swap out any short or tall brackets to make your install work. Maybe that’s back when Curt S sold the kits, but it’s worth asking.

He could just drill out the centre thread (large enough to fit through the tap) and use the opposite channel side to make the new hole and tap it through from underneath. Would be nicer to get the genuine article though given that you paid for them.

I think those brackets are powder coated steel. So if you’re cutting new holes you’ll want to paint them or get some kind of surface treatment on them or they’ll rust away on you.

I was looking at the area…

The power chambers on the horns are 6" across which isn’t an issue. When I add the relocation brackets, this adds another 2" to the mounting depth.

What I’m thinking is that I want to mount the brackets sideways to eliminate the 8" depth issue. Now… I may not have to even go that option. Looking at the K3LA manifold, it is very low profile. I’m estimating that with a clever line run to the manifold, I can keep the stock manifold.

This will depend on my ability to fit all three horns over or under the inner bumper without messing with the radiator.

I’m anxiously excited to try whatever…I have several other ideas as backups to these as well.

Congrats! :smiley: I cant wait to upgrade myself! After I upgrade I will also be doing an install of my shockers onto my moms 1993 Lexus LS400! :smiley: She likes the shockers!

True true

MWAHAHAHA!!!

These horns rock the concrete! Now, I have to make or find a custom grill. I was able to keep the stock manifold BUT…it looks hokie. I had to take the grill off of the front to aim it like I wanted.

I forgot that I had upgraded to 1/2" main from the old tank already, so there was no need to run any line. The hardest part of this whole deal was to place the horns.

Pictures to follow.

The iPhone mic doesn’t do the overall impact of the sound any justice whatsoever.