Air coming out of air intake

Chasing leaks my my Shocker system had a leaky fitting on the tank fixed that. . Still loosing air I took the intake hose and air is pushing out. What could cause this ? Compressor rebuild ? Ant help would be great.

Thank you
Kevin

Are you using a check valve?

ive had this system on 2 trucks. Never noticed a check valve. Where would I put it ? And it never leaked like this

Every Shocker kit with Viair compressors come with a stainless steel braided leader hose and check valve. The hose comes from the compressor and goes to the check valve that should be one of the 2 gallon tank’s end ports. If the valve is there then test it for leaks, which can happen for various reasons, like old age.

Yes it’s there and leaking. Charged the system. And took the intake line placed it in a cup of water bubbles. We’ve got a leaker lol. Thanks

You’re welcome! I think the check valve is required with Viair compressors for proper operation. Our compressors don’t require them but they’re good to have because time or contaminents could allow air to leak backward through the compressr’s reed valve.