Air system has a very indecisive leak?

Sometimes, I can’t even go to work for 6-8 hours without my tank completely emptying. Other times, my tank pressure doesn’t budge even if I leave it full overnight. I have no idea what causes the tank to leak like that only on occasion. Any ideas?

Can’t be the fittings … that has to be a faulty valve somewhere. Only way you’ll know is to swap things out. I would start with the check valve.

I agree. If it was a fitting, it would be fairly consistent. Sounds like either the check valve or solenoid valve doesn’t seat correctly - intermittently.

It was both my check valves that poop the bed, sprayed for leaks and found nothing.

It’s quite possible that it’s most likely the check valve. I’ll just order a new one, no biggie.

Do you have a stethoscope? When the bubble solution didn’t reveal a leak our stethoscope found mostly bad check valves but it also found leaks in a pressure gauge, pressure switch, and pressure regulator. We have no idea how those last 3 items leaked without being revealed by the bubble solution because the air had to go somewhere and it wasn’t into the tank because that was the air’s source.

:rolleyes:

HOW LOUD ARE THEY? :eek: