AirLift Wireless AIR: Can I use an electric valve as a check valve?

Okay so here’s the problem.

I upgraded my controls for my air bags because the 2 needle gauge in the Firestone kit has failed on me twice in two years, and I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of smelling “bag air” in my truck anymore.

What I need to do is have an electric valve act like the compressor from the Wireless AIR kit because there isn’t a tank with it. Will an electric valve be able to do this so I don’t have to worry about having my bags explode?

Kris

Bump.

Anyone?

I’m not sure I understand what you need but I would think an electric valve that’s rated at or higher than the pressure you’re using should work. They can hold a lot of pressure in an air bag without the air backing up through them.

Dan,

The AirLift system is a tankless design, so it just uses the compressor to fill the air bags. If they need air, the comp bumps up the bags and shuts off at the desired PSI or will auto-fill to a preset rating. The problem is I need to isolate the manifold from the tank because it doesn’t have a built in valve to stop air and the bags will fill to the tank pressure.

It’s something I will need to mess around with when I get home next summer to make sure I can inflate/deflate the bags normally, my biggest concern is of course will the electric valve hold around 85 PSI on the outlet side.

Kris

It should hold whatever it’s rated for.