Airsource Relocation Kit

So, I found out where the majority of my air leak was coming from… the Air Source Relocation Kit… GREAT product if you don’t want to spend that much money… Just make sure all of your fittings are TIGHT.

The only down fall of the ASRK (Air source relocation kit) is the size of the air line… 1/4". Sounds ok, right? well It doesn’t move enough air for me… so I bumped it up to a 3/8" air line… Look at the difference in the opening size for the air to move through. Also, since I changed the fittings, the air tank has held at 134 - 145 (only reason I say this is because my digital gauge said 134 the whole time, and I my manual gauge says 142 - 145) for over 24 hours.

i’m not knocking the ASRK, its a great product if you need an external air source, and don’t want to spend a lot of money for it… I paid over $45 to “upgrade” it. You can get the ASRK from HB for $14.99

The air source relocation kit wont affect what the tank holds… Its not hooked up to the tank at all.

The ASRK hooks up to the compressor air is supposed to supply the compressor with good / clean/ dry air… Maybe feeding the compressor a larger amount of air will help build pressure faster but by no means will affect how much is held in the tank.

edit… by the looks of those fittings, it seems to me you have a 1/2" reducer going down to the relocation fitting size… which means you prob. have this kit installed on the tank… :confused: :confused:

The kit is installed on the tank… one of the 8 1/2" ports… all it does is supply air to the back of the truck… where I can hook up an air hose and fill the tires or something…

They also sell air intake relocation kit to remote mount the air filter on the compressor thats whar silvy is thinking about…

Good call… no, this isn’t the air filter relocation kit, this just allows you to get the air from the tank to another part of your vehicle.

doh!

my bad, i thought you were talking about the filter…

i didnt know they had a specific kit for getting air to another part on the vehicle… Would seem easiest to just plumb a line to that part just as you did for the horns… Or like on my truck i have a hose reel in the bed, and i put a lead hose out of the tank thru one of the quick connect couplers .

Also i see your still using pipe thread on your fittings… get yourself some loctite 545 and you will be 100% sure then what ever fittings you apply it to, wont leak… And you are able to take it back apart as i jsut did it on mine when i switched some compression fittings to PTC.

Actually, I have no leakie leakie anymore… I just tightened everything up nice and snug…

I’m not going to have to worry about reducers on my compressors soon either, because I’m getting 2 x Air Zenith OB2 compressors that have a 1/2" fitting already on them. I’m slowly getting my ******* system…