Amp for CB radio to run PA speaker?

So one of my buddies here on the FOB that I’m at asked about adding an amp for the PA speaker that runs out of his CB radio. Where could I find out more about this since it looks like I’ll be getting a CB radio for my truck here in the near future.

Kris

Be aware that the FCC frowns on boosting the CB transmission power. They don’t care about boosting the PA power.

haha ya… i used to.work with a guy who could talk to guys in russia and even astronauts with his cb radio… he took all these test to get permission to increase everything … he would not let anyone else speak on his radio lol… he could also sit at a mcdonalds and interfer with the drive thru. whatever he said would come out of the speakers. but he wouldnt do it…he was so mature…lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yup, this is just for the PA system.

Kris

I knew guys who boosted their CB’s and could talk just about everywhere but it wasn’t legal then. Are you sure he was using CB and not HAM radio?

man that guy had so much equipment in his car, i wouldnt be surprised if he had em both…
he wouldnt let anyone get near his poop cuz he was afraid someone would talk nonsense over the radio waves…lol

If he talks using his call letters, he’s most likely using a HAM radio. CB’ers like to use “handles” and the FCC frowns on that too.

My experience is from the 70’s and some things have probably changed since then.

I have a Galaxy 33 with a texas star 450 amp and a Wilson 5000 antenna…FCC won’t bother you if you’re not a nuisance and don’t get reported…

I used to monitor my cb with a PA. We would find a shady spot to kick back and plug the PA into the speaker hole on the CB and it worked great. It was just a $30 PA from Radio Shack but it was pretty darn loud without an amp.