Another K5LA comparison

Well I removed my 150 psi regulator and ran 1/2" ID line straight from the tank to the K5LA. Actually, I could not get to the top of the maifold of the horns and I did not want to remove the mounting plate, so I left the 3/4" barb screwed into the manifold, left 1 foot of 3/4" ID line and straight into the Solenoid (the solenoid was 6 feet from the K5LA originally. I then ran 1/2" ID line from the other side of the solenoid directly to the tank. I replaced the 165/200 psi pressure switch with a 110/145 pressure switch. I did not have Bixby1980 with me today for the video shoot, so bear with me. I placed the camera on the ground near the exact location of the previous video. I am also only at 150 psi for the first few seconds and then it goes down respectively, whereas before I had many blasts at a constant 150 psi due to tank volum of 200 psi. I am not use to the compressors kicking on so fast…lol…, reminds me of the conductors set I use to have. I was running 200 psi with a 150 psi regulator which gave me many of 150 psi blasts before the compressors kicked on originally. Let me know what you all think. Bixby1980 and I think it is plenty loud and have a nice pleasant tone. The only other thing I might try is to get a 145/175 psi pressure switch. Any/all feedback greatly appreciated.

Here is the prev video:

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/chadeckhart/?action=view&current=S8000896.flv

Here is todays video with all the changes made:

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g303/chadeckhart/?action=view&current=S8000908.flv

Now you’re in business. Those chimes sound sweet!

Thanks, what do yo think about swapping out the 110/145 pressure switch to a 145/175 pressure switch?

stick around, I got a few more videos to post, photobucket is slooooooooooow

Bixby1980 and I are going to try and shoot some more videos tomorow evening. Maybe we might catch and innocent bystander along the way…heheh…:smiley:

You can try a 175psi switch, but with the huge air capacity you have 145psi should be fine.

yea, that what i was thinking, I was just curious what 175 psi would sound like. You know me, I am never satisfied…lol…I think I will quit messing with it for awhile…lol…You dont think it matters that I left 1 ft. of 3/4" ID line from the K5LA to the solenoid? I would have been a bear to remove the horn and plate. I did however manage to move the solenoid from 6-7 feet to 1 foot away from the K5LA which I am sure was an improvement.

3/4 hose between the horn and solenoid should be fine. I think your set up sounds as good or better than an actual train.

Thanks, Bixby1980 said the same thing. It may have been louder going through the previous 150 psi regulator? But It does have a nice tone now with the changes we made this evening. We will get better video footage tomorrow when we both have more time.

More videos coming as soon as photobucket finishes…

sounds so much cleaner and a little deeper
145 to 175 sounds the same maybe 0.5% louder
not worth the 10-25$ for psi switch :wink:

sounds so much cleaner and a little deeper
145 to 175 sounds the same maybe 0.5% louder
not worth the 10-25$ for psi switch

I think you are right, and probably a little easier on the diaphrams this way.

haha no one to record it for u that time… lol i liked how u drove over the camera and honked it…

good video…

easy way to lose a camera lol

i thought he was gonna run it over too…lol

if i did that some crack head would prolly try to steal it

haha…

cant leave anything laying around here

same i’m in socal so they think if it’s out side it’s free
for them like my solar yard lights keep going missing
i have a thin wire on my door so if you touch it 320,000volts
(with alarm going off) it stings i got it once my arm was numb
for 2-3 hours

now i got to finish my hid taillights
aka the tailgater stopper

if i did that some crack head would prolly try to steal it

LOL…we have some places like that around here too. The place we are filming is my Boss’s property which is a race track out by the interstate. The gates are locked and we never see anyone near the area. I always have backup just in case things get out of control…lol…My Wayne Novak enhanced Custom Shop Kimber CDP Pro II .45 ACP.

sounds much deeper toned and clear. the switch upgrade will put you right where you want to be.:smiley:

sounds much deeper toned and clear. the switch upgrade will put you right where you want to be

You mean the 145/175 pressure switch?

Thanks again for all your help

We will get better footage later today.

yeah im pretty sure that is REALLY illegal and if someone was to get hurt on ur property for that, they could sue the balls off u!