Another K5LA comparison

We both have WV Cc Permits and I think it was like 100 for the class and like another 150 paid to the local sheriffs office for ours.

Oh but he has 2 or 3 glocks also.

And a Ruger Sp101 357 Mag, Taurus 357 Mag, Ruger LCP .380, and many rifles and shotguns…lol…:smiley:

Now that’s what you call a weapon. I have a Colt 1911 Goldcup .45 ACP. Those Kimbers are the shat.

We both have WV Cc Permits and I think it was like 100 for the class and like another 150 paid to the local sheriffs office for ours

I also have my Florida CCW permit. I got it so that I could carry in Ohio before WV and Ohio had the reciprocity.

Those Kimbers are the shat.

That pic was shorly after I got the gun. Here it is since I had it to Wayne Novaks shop. Custom fitted S&A Magwell with arched MSH, Novak Mil-Tech grips, Novak 8 rd nickle Mags.

BTW: The Kimber is for sale. PM me for details. The gun has been shot less that 100 times and is in MINT condition…

im buyin an FN 5 7!

lmao i got ya hooked on that gun didnt i? i will have one one day

hell yea… ima buy it an just shoot everything…
gonna be like when Homer Simpson bought a gun…LOL!!

now u know the winchester ranger ext law enforcement shells are the same thing as the black tallon just not black

Black Talons!? you can’t buy those in CA unless you’re a peace officer.

they dont make the black tallons anymore, they were rebranded as winchester ranger law enforcement ammo

they dont make the black tallons anymore, they were rebranded as winchester ranger law enforcement ammo

Techincally they are not the exact same as the original black talon, but very similar. I knew of a gunsmith who cut them each in half to see the differences. I have a couple 20 rd boxs mint of 45 ACP that I have stashed away. You can still find them here and there at gun shows from time to time. I have a handful of 40 cal Black talon that I just dug up the other day…whoo hoo… A local gun shop in my area has a full case (500 rds) unopened of 45 ACP Black Talons that I would like to get my hands on. The most I have ever seen an original box of 20 rd Black talon 230 gr. 45 ACP was $65, a little over $3 per shell.

Here is a few calibers that I own for size comparison.

(from left to right)

454 Casull, 357 mag, 45ACP, 40 S&W and 380 Auto

Here is an original 45 ACP Black Talon (left), a Law Enforcement Ranger 45 ACP (middle) and a 40 S&W original Black talon

from wikipedia
"Winchester voluntarily pulled the ammunition from the market completely in 2000. The “Ranger SXT” ammunition sold today by Winchester is essentially the same ammunition without the black Lubalox coating on the bullet. Among shooters, the running joke is that SXT stands for “Same eXact Thing.”

i use pow’r ball ammo http://www.gunblast.com/PowRBall.htm a lot faster and more destructive round

the ranger .40 ammo i have is silver case copper jacketed

The only nickle cased ones that I have owned are the orginal black coated talons. The case of Law enforcement rangers that I have are a copper case with black coated bullets.
I have never seen a round like that in a law enforcment ranger box, unless they are new. Mine are over 10 yrs old and that are similar to the talons except with a copper casing.

did you buy them new? if not maybe they are original black tallons or reloads? the rangers were supposed to not have the coating

I got them from an officer. I know they are not original talons because of the copper case.

Here is an original 45 ACP Black Talon (left), a Law Enforcement Ranger 45 ACP (middle) and a 40 S&W original Black talon

I know they are not reloads because I bought a full sealed case of them.

Buckfever4life…

I’m scrolling through this thread WAITING to hear your finished upgrades… and you guys are all going NRA on me!

:slight_smile:

I really liked the sound of your K5LA horns in the second video. Definitely less screechy. To make an audio comparison, your first video sounded like you were over driving your amp/speaker combo into clipping… distorted and screechy :eek:. In your second video, the audio sounded clean but full. I like it.:smiley:

I just ordered the K5LA kit yesterday from Soundblasters but have not received it. I’ve been combing through the forum looking for additional general info. Frankly, I don’t quite understand the changes you’ve made yet as I haven’t even done one install, but I am going to study them as I’m doing my install because I think yours sound excellent. Great work.

Please post the updated video!

Thanks!

Be well

who are soundblasters?

Soundblasters?! My god, I did type that… what an idiot!!! :confused:

I become increasingly retarded as the day grows long and I stay up past 10:00 p.m. Sucks getting old!

I MEANT to type HORNblasters…

Sorry! :slight_smile:

etch your name on one of the rounds and keep it safe so you’ll have the “one” with your name on it…lol.