anyone using cooling fans?

well ,with my topper being basically non-ventilated and black to boot it gets hot as haties in the back.the pumps are thermally protected but I went & purchased a pr of 12v mini fans in an attempt to help cool the pumps.I’m also tossing round the idea of ram air from under the bed up through the bed to each pump behind the fans using 2 pvc 90 degree sink drain pipes.the lower 1 will act as the scoop under the bed and force the air into the second one pointed at the fan. bet that will cool things down.what you think??

no coolin fans… compressors are gonna get hot regardless…
just use them as their specs and they will last u a very long time…

actually saw zenith now has optional cooling fan that fits over the head of the pumps. still though I think it would help out some with keeping the temp down.:cool:

well ,with my topper being basically non-ventilated and black to boot it gets hot as haties in the back.the pumps are thermally protected but I went & purchased a pr of 12v mini fans in an attempt to help cool the pumps.I’m also tossing round the idea of ram air from under the bed up through the bed to each pump behind the fans using 2 pvc 90 degree sink drain pipes.the lower 1 will act as the scoop under the bed and force the air into the second one pointed at the fan. bet that will cool things down.what you think??

I have a fiberglass tonneau cover and I was thinking of doing the same thing. I was going to make a ram air type fitting and come up through the drain holes in the front corners of my bed. The rubber drain fittings on my tundra area 3" x 2".

I hear ya buck , as soon as payday rolls around again I’m gonna do my ram air mod. if nothing else the back end of the truck will chill by 20 degrees or better with the air circulating.:smiley: