Approving Posts - policy?

What’s up guys? Thanks Matt for making me a moderator - I enjoy helping out.

Can we get some direction about approving posts? I can’t find a policy anywhere and don’t want to step on any toes. So how loose are we? LOL

Actual spam is obvious.
Links to direct competitors is obvious.

Is everything else fair game?
Links to other forums - auto or stereo - not trainhorns
Links to ebay auctions
Links to parts that are similar to HB’s - for example a different digital air gauge

I don’t want to come off as a Nazi or have HB appear as Nazis, but I understand you have a business plan.

I approved a bunch yesterday… (didnt even realize it had to be done until i saw the post complaining about approved posts)

The only ones i did not approve were a couple forsale threads… If they didnt have pictures, or enough posts to make me feel comfortable.

whenever i log on, i look to see who the new users are and the first thing i do is read there first post / about me / profile… If i see they sign up to promote there “watch movies here” or “oakleysunglasses uk”… I ban them… like the 2 i jsut banned for those very things. It seemes like they come out of the woodwork on the weekends.

Yeah, I took out a couple this week.
They’re super easy to spot if they post…

“Jenny” looks like one… but it almost looks liek a real person is behind it… possible bot tho

jenny on a train forum… bot haha. we have enough girlz up in hur

I know I shouldn’t be the one asking, but does anyone know which posts have to be approved? I think someone else might have changed the policy…

It started around January when we were getting hit really hard with spam.
It’s definitely in more than the ‘Announcement’ forum that you mentioned yesterday…
For sure ‘Your Horns & Installs’.

EDIT: For sure the ‘Train Horns’ forum also. There is a post from 3 weeks ago that has not been approved if you want to look at it.
http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=4829

The policy I set was just in announcements which is why I asked. I’m going to look into it =/ Thanks

You welcome.

‘Walkthroughs’ forum also. Here’s one that’s not approved:
http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?t=4921

Figured it out. The new antispam service marks threads from shady IPs, or that contain shady info to be moderated.

The forum itself is set to only moderate the Announcement forum. I’m going to update my previous post.

Thanks everyone