Be aware of Train Horns Direct!

I ordered two shocker kits from Trainhorns Direct before I discovered this forum…
Let me tell you about my experience, and why I’m warning you…

The order was placed and paid on August 2. with Paypal.
Thought it was weird, but their paypal account was not trainhorns direct, but National Real Estate Seminars.

I waited patiently for 10 days before asking questions. Tried their support(at)trainhornsdirect address and their info(at)trainhornsdirect address. No answer…
Tried to call, but only got the answering machine.
Then I used the fill-out form on their web pages and threatened with reporting them to the cops and credit card company.

That seemed to wake them up, and they promised me the kits were out of stock (i had ordered 2 kits), and would be shipped on or before the 20th.
OK, but what about informing the customer?!? Jerks…

August 28th:
Have they arrived in New Jersey? Of course not. No reply on the email either…

Threatened again with the law, and then they claimed to have sent me 4 emails about delayed shipping. Bullshit.
No messages, even in the spamfilter.

I wanted them to refund my money, so I could go to HornBlasters and buy from some serious people, but then they say that 1 of 2 kits are on their way.
I then ask to get half the amount refunded.

September 1st:
I ask for the tracking # on the “sent” package, since it hasn’t arrived in NJ. They’ll send it tomorrow morning, is the answer I get.

September 3rd:
I’m asking again for my tracking #, telling them I am tired of their bullshit. The answer is: Be patient, it’s coming. Yeah, right…

My reply:
"6 days ago you said it had already shipped. That means you already have the tracking #.
…if you had shipped the product of course.

On the 30th August I placed an order for two kits at Hornblasters, and they have already arrived in New Jersey…
Tomorrow I’m calling Visa to tell them my money is lost.

That is if you don’t refund my $1,095.98 USD to paypal account instantly.

Now you choose…

Kai Westby"

Their reply was “Screw it, we’ll issue a refund the next 3-5 business days”
Hope it’s true, or I will report them 4 sure!

To compare:

On August 30th I placed an order at HornBlasters and paid with Paypal.

August 31st:
Recieved the tracking # for my HornBlasters package.

September 3rd:
HornBlasters package arrived in New Jersey. Thank you HornBlasters!!

Now… There are all kinds of internet shoppers out there, but I am the serious kind. I always pay for my order right away.
Check out ChevyHoe at eBay, and you’ll see.
So in this case it’s not me that has been the problem, but Train Horns Direct.

Want my advice? Stay as far away from them as possible, and shop somewhere recommended by others.

My experience with HornBlasters was good, so I recommend HornBlasters.

Wow man. Did you get your money back yet? I would never wait that long before filing a claim. And you should have notified Paypal right away because they can reclaim your money even if the seller doesn’t agree. After the poor response and failure to follow-up I would have called both Paypal and Visa, and the BBB, and the attorney general’s office in their local area.

thats why when making a large purchase online, always do your homework…

and… hornblasters has top notch customer service!

It was kinda hard to report them anywhere as long as they kept promising delivery. But I knew I had to draw the line somewhere.
Actually, I didn’t know that Paypal had a dispute-function. Thanks for the tip!
I opened a dispute right away, and escalated it to a claim.
Don’t see anything wrong about that, as the seller has already promised me my money back. So far the seller hasn’t replied, and if he keeps up the good work the money will be back with me in a week.

My second alternative is a claim at the credit card company, so I’m pretty sure it will work out.

Yesterday i the HornBlasters order was delivered to my local post office here in Norway. Sweet!
Can’t wait to install them!

We appreciate all of your comments. We are trying very hard to make all of our customers happy. It is good to hear back from you guys, so we can tell what areas we need to work on. Thank you all for your orders, and your time. We dont forget who keeps us in business. Thanks. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Nick
RallySport Direct

Update:

First of all, installed the Shocker kit from Hornblasters. That was SWEET!!
Not many of these kits here in Norway.

Paypal managed to recover around $550 from the sellers account.

I have filed a claim at the credit card company for the rest, and the case is still pending.

Moral:
Buy your train horn kits frome somewhere recommended by others, such as HornBlasters.

You will never be disappointed with Hornblasters.

I’m glad to hear you got your horns installed. How do you like them?

I like them best with the solenoid wide open :smiley:
Seriously, those things are amazing! Mounted them right in front of the rear axle, and they’re blasting like sh**.
No problems so far, and no air leaks. Used sealer on all threads when I assembled.

Only thing is that the solenoid seems to hang a little in open position when it’s cold (-10 degrees C or colder), but I’ll try some anti-freeze in the tank.