Beware of Trainhorns.net

Whats about the quality of trainhorn.net’s el diablo?
I would like a trainhorn, a ver loud trainhorn and this should be the loudest I found on the www.

Welcome to the forum. They are advertised as loud and 180 db is impressive but will they shatter glass like Nathans?

Welcome to the forums. Advertised ratings mean nothing. I cannot speak to the durability or sound quality of that horn, or their customer service for that matter, but 180db is downright dishonest.

What if I put a test meter in a 50 gallon drum and then fired a horn into said drum? I could tout a pretty high “rating” now couldn’t I?

Why not buy their “commercial locomotive grade” Nathan P5 which pumps out 171.2db? (also not possible)

And a welcome from me too. Can’t agree more than what’s already been said by the gents above. Go have a look at the video review that DJD Labs did on the Hornblasters website, comparing China triple-horns like that to the HB Shockers. The proof will be in hearing the difference.

All of those fake train horns are loud, but real train horns are louder. Anyone claiming decibel numbers as their major selling point is targeting the unsuspecting and often gullible consumer that’s looking for a cheap way to beat the real thing.

Go with something that offers quality, customer service and spare parts. You can read from the comments here that HB is one of the best outfits around - so I would seriously consider getting in touch with them if you’re looking at buying into this crazy hobby. Work out your budget and then go shopping for the right bits. Simply basing your purchase decision on dB numbers is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Fu*k me and phew…so did I, and I just ordered the final set of horns to my world-beater setup.

If this does 180Db I’ll be amazed…ahem typo…I think.

Was probably 108db!

Malodave

A ‘trouser trumpet’ would give more satisfaction and volume than that hehe!!