Bicycle Alternator and brake lights

I decided to post some pics up here for you guys. I got my Alternator Installed on the trailer. :smiley:

heres some pics

here is up close and personal.

Also Gonna hook up some brake lights. :smiley: I did a video of it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBLkq2RVYVo

and I installed some on the trailer. :wink:

Might do some more work to it tomorrow. I got the pain in the oven part done. I had to hurry it up due to some not so distant Howling from coyotes. lol

You’re gonna need a serpentine belt pretty soon.

What happened to the York compressor? Why switch to an alternator and compressor with 1/4 of the performance?

Is the alternator easier to turn?

I am going to be mounting the York back on the other side soon. The compressor in the pic was the compressor I would use to air up the system to test for leaks. However I would NEVER Replace my York 210. The Alt is actually pretty easy to turn.

going to have to agree with you on that one.

"I had to hurry it up due to some not so distant Howling from coyotes. lol "

Mad as a box of frogs! love it!

Why were you scared of the coyotes? (Coyote vs Shockers!) (Shockers win!):smiley:

because I did not have my shockers available to use on the bicycle. :smiley: I will soon. :slight_smile:

If you’re worried about Coyotes then it’s time to carry a gun. I believe in gun safety, not gun control.

alright guys, for all your viewing pleasure… The york 210 and alternator mounted. I hooked up some cables to the alt and mounted the york today. :wink:

My dad and I own a couple Shotguns. The first week we moved out here we seen a mountain lion staring at us and the neighbors kids. The Day after that, we became proud owners of a couple 22 gage shotguns.

I understand the functionality shown in the last pic, but it kinda looks like I’d imagine Fred Sanford’s bicycle would look.

LOL… I thought for a minute there you were going to say “The day after that, we became the proud owner of a five barrel K5LA” :slight_smile:

Somehow that’d make a great video Mountain Lion vs. Repeatman and his Shockers.

Holy cow!!! What a setup!!! Haha all I can say is AMAZING for a bike. You just going to stick with a tractor/atv size battery or bigger?

That would become a youtube classic! :smiley: I would LOVE to own some Nathan K5LA’s! Everytime I try to save money for them something ALWAYS HAPPENS! :frowning: anyway. I will own a set someday. :slight_smile: I hope. lol

I have a few more surprises up my sleeve on this one :slight_smile: I might be using a 12 volt electric Wheel chair battery (MK Powered Gel) for now. gonna up grade to a bigger battery once the funs permit. Specially For the other Items I am installing.

Alright folks, here is some more work I did today

I first just put everything in place. The Speakers and car stereo in front kept falling forward and slamming into the ground lol.

Everything here is more secure. The Speakers are now bolted in nice and tight, The amp is sitting on a piece of an old Bar B Q which is why it looks to be floating lol. For now I have my Grovers 1045 and 1042 Zip Tied to the trailer on top.

Here it is kind of an Eye sore but the air tank is gonna be bungie corded to the Bar B Q Braket so that the sub doesn’t vibrate against the fittings and pressure switch. The battery is gonna go on the right side. I am pretty much cramming all this right now.

I hope to have the brake lights and everything wired up by July 4th. :smiley:

What’s next I wonder. Rockets?

nah, potato launcher! :smiley:

Side car!