Blue pressure switch question

My system has been inoperable for awhile now. I finally got time to troubleshoot it today and I think the pressure switch is the prob. I bypassed the pressure switch and the compressor fires right up and the horns blew:D My question is, should I just replace the pressure switch ? Is this a common part to go out ? My system has been down for over a year so it sounded great firing it up today;) thanks for your recommendations and/or help:cool:

my system
http://www.trainhornforums.com/showthread.php?p=55758#post55758

Those blue Hornblaster switches are a combination of a pressure switch and an SPST relay inside a weatherproof housing so it could be either part thats broken internally. Contact Hornblasters or Angie on the forum here to organise a replacement.

You could look at buying a relay and a switch separately which should work out a bit cheaper plus it then also gives you that individual component repair capacity down the track.

thanks. will do;)

Before buying parts, check your ground on the pressure switch/relay for corrosion.

Yeah mine went out too but my 2nd 1 is working fine.
Failure mode was that it would activate the compressor late (at a lower PSI) but would still pump up all the way. This happened about 10 consecutive times and then it wouldn’t’ activate at all. Got a free replacement from Hornblasters though since I politely complained about the price ($70), and they noticed I bought something else from them too.
No visible damage, might have been a fluke or might happen again one day…