BUSTED! Hornblasting Cruise night.

like the title says. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyNb-lqogRE Btw, he shined his light under my truck and seen the K5’s back caps.

So I wonder what would be the most offensive then…?

“Horn on Vehicle makes too loud or unnecessary Noise”

“Disturbing the Peace”

I have seen how much those cost. Yeah, the officer cut me a break. Guess I gotta lay low for a while.

or hide them more!

Too bad about the ticket. Sounds like the popo was pretty cool though.

Bugger! How much did they sting you for that? … E2E is right though. He was being very nice about it.

would do that, no room though. I have dual exhaust :stuck_out_tongue:

He was pretty calm. I am thankful he was not in the “Give this guy the Book” mood that night.

He was pretty nice about it. The fine is $249.00. I got it covered. :wink:

Is $249 the bottom line or will there be additional penalties and fees that California adds to every violation?

At least he was cool about it. I say ‘cool about it’ because ‘improper use of the horn’ applies to any old horn and its mis-use.

i.e. He didn’t cite a code section about air whistles only being permitted on emergency vehicles, max DB of horns, or anything of that sort that might have led to having to rip your gear out and get an inspection to prove it was gone (all on top of paying the fine).

Granted, I’m not sure what the law is where you are, but various states have statues around such things. (I’m in one that only permits air horns/whistles on emergency vehicles … on public roadways.)

Any idea what the law is on a bicycle with a train horn :wink: …oh hang on, maybe I should clarify and not say ‘bike’, but ‘trailer’.

Since neither bikes nor trailers are required to have horns you’re probably safe when it comes to equipment violations… however, since yours has a horn, you could probably still get a ticket for improper use of it … or the standard annoyed cop fallback – disturbing the peace. The latter would suck, as it’s not a traffic violation. :slight_smile:

true, and with the violation I got now, I can do Traffic school and not have any points added to my driving record. thus, not have my insurance go up my oven. :stuck_out_tongue:

checked online with the court house. it is $247.00. There is a $8.64 fee to pay it online, otherwise just go to the court clerk and pay it. btw, My Brother in law is on the hook for my old Shockers. :smiley: