can u use 4wd compressors?

I have ordered 2 compressors see attached link. my plan was use these for 150psi then a vlair or similar to go to 150-200 psi. but now im doubting 200psi through k5’s it will be needed

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250800750518&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I don’t know anything about those compressors.
You’ll have to let us know how fast they fill your tanks.
150psi is plenty for a K5.

Hmmmm I tried something like that once, but you are going to find they are not very good under continual useage. Mine kept cutting out when hot and eventually it destroyed itself.:frowning:

Oh boy, maybe you should have read the description a bit better:

Inflates 4x4 tyres (10R.15) from 15psi to 32psi in approx 1 minute and then continues to do so for 5 of your mate’s vehicles as well, before there is a chance of the thermal shut down switch kicking in.

So 6 minutes of runtime before they shutdown. You might be able to fill a small tank, probably no more than 5 gallons, before it happens … then you have to wait until it cools down.

It also doesn’t say what the restart pressure rating is, so you could end up destroying them in very short order.

-Kris

yea now i just gotta find some k5’s lol yea i will ley u guys know how it goes.
to be honest a good 4wd compressor is damm strong considering u need constant air to drive air lockers, and going from 10-35psi on massive tyres.

ive ordered 2 so they should be worked pretty low really.

their specs may be ok for filling tires but their duty cycle is really limited, especially trying to fill a 5 gallon tank to 150 PSI.

Yeah, 150psi is a whole different ballgame than 35psi

U may be right. How ever instead of my rvb horn as well as another from trainhornexpress I’m serriously tempted 2 just order a full kit of k5la’s 8 gal tank and dual 444c’s from realtrainhorns or Jackson transmissions

$1500 I can still then use my air tanks for even more air and use compressor elseware