Check Valve Probems

so, The check Valve on one of my V-air 380-C got stuck open. The other one? Stuck Closed. I am down a compressor… or so I thought :smiley: I decided to just only hook up my Harrison A/C Compressor up to my tank and pressure switch and BOY I am IMPRESSED WITH IT!!! :smiley: I got from 0-135 Psi in… 30 seconds. :smiley: and now another problem!! :frowning: the 1/4 Check Valve that I plumed onto it got stuck open. :mad: is there something I am doing wrong? I might have tightened it too tight in my excitement I guess? Or The 1/4 Check Valve cant handle the epic cfm I am getting from my factory “Harrison” A/C Compressor?

Maybe you need an epic check valve :wink:
On a more serious note though… are the valves new or old?

Time to invest in a couple of new Check valves me thinks!

two of them were old, the one that I plumbed onto the Harrison Compressor I bought 2 years ago. yeah, time for new check valves. It could have also had been all the oil that might have passed through the valve that made it stuck open. The scroll compressor needs a lot of oil :stuck_out_tongue: I will get a couple of check valves soon. I will also will plum on my Oil separator to keep the oil from filling my tank up.

More likely is oil + water = gunk. I’d put the oil separator before the check valve.

alright, got the new check valve in and plumbed on. works FLAWLESSLY! :wink: gonna get some pics and a video of how quick it airs up my 3 gallon tank later :slight_smile:

got a video of it today in action. It was not all the way aired down. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fslCCsFbP80

Which ones do you recommend?

I’ve been through a couple leader hoses over the years with my ViAir 450c

Pressure would drop from 150 to about 100 overnight and the only leak I could find was at the intake hole on the compressor :rolleyes:

Can I just run sumthin like this in conjunction with the original leader hose and check valve?

Go for it! I can’t see a problem using another check valve! :smiley:
I have had several fail on me as well and mostly when customers of mine over tighten the check valve. I have also tried one or two others, but generally I stick to Viair’s.