Chevy Colorado Shocker Install

Last week I was able to get the local police maintenance center (my dad is a cop) to install my new train horns! They sound great. I’m no stranger to train horns, so I know they are not as loud as a Nathan or Leslie, but they are a contender. The total install time was about 6 hours. I have a Viair 400C compressor, 5 gallon tank, 1/2" air line and valve, and a 110-150psi pressure switch. This is the 540XL kit that I was able to piece together, with help from the great Hornblasters sales staff.

I think it’s great that you got your setup installed, but with government waste being a large concern, today, I disapprove of the use of taxpayer-funded equipment/location/tools/expertise to install something for personal use. (Also, imagine if the local electorate becomes aware that a law enforcement center (paid for by its tax dollars) installed something that is not legal on the road in many places.) ;(

Awesome! You’re going to have some interesting conversations with that setup. I can see it now…

HOOOONK!!
“Holy Smokes! Where did you get you get that from mate?”
“Cops installed it” (grin)
Legend!

Hahaha,thats funny. I paid the guy a fair amount so the tax payers wouldn’t have to…it was on his personal time. Except I guess the light bill will be paid by tax…oh well it’s all good :slight_smile:

Thanks for the install pics they look good.
It’s all about the horns!

hey btw would anybody be able to tell me why the compressor stops at about 140psi? I have a 110-150 switch but it always shuts off about 10-15psi before. At least that’s what the gauge is telling me.

just used that great search button…and found most say a pressure switch is not perfect…that’s fine!

Or the gauge is wrong. Or both are wrong and it’s just the delta between them.

I have a digital pressure gauge and mine stops 2psi short, too … and that gauge reads differently from the backup mechanical gauge I have under the hood. As a result, I just think of my gauges and the pressure switch as close approximations to the current PSI level. It’s not like this needs to be hyper accurate, so there is such a thing as ‘close enough’. :slight_smile: