Coalescing Filter help

so with the new york 210 i obviously have a coalescing filer to remove oil blow out by the comp. but it seems that there is oil getting past the filter. it was a 75 dollar coalescing filter and i did notice it has a small filter element. also i did notice that the oil being blown out is very foamy as it collects in the filter bowl.

im not sure if i should invest in a better one or keep what i have.

If it’s mounted too close to the pump the oil vapor is too fine in the hot air for the filter to catch it. It should be at least 3 feet away. The best place is on the output of a tank.

the filter is exactly 3 feet away. i think its a combination of being a cheap filter too. im afraid to put it right on the tank because right now the hose i have after the filter isn’t oil rated. its the 1/2 hose off of hornblasters.com so im not sure if it will hold up. i could just buy the same coalescing filter again and double them up.

this is what i have

http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Pneumatic-ARRPF554AW-PneuMasterAir-Coalescing/dp/B003BJN0U4

Most compressed air systems that require dry air have the filter on the tank’s output. The tank captures most of the moisture and cools the air enough for the filter to capture 99% of rest. This requires draining the tank more often but significantly reduces the cost of filter changes.