compressor and air tank set up

i have nathan k5s but no manifold. so i fabricated one out of billet aluminum. my questions are… i need 5 individual air lines. what size should i use? and where do i find a junction block? and what compressor and air tank would i get the best bang for the buck?? thanks in advance

I promise to answer all your questions if you post pics of your billet manifold!
Seriously…I’ll even dig up a part number for the junction block (as you call it)
Welcome!

im new to this stuff… well kinda. been in the army for a while and just got home from deployment… i got the pics on my phone… all i did was mill down a chuck of aluminum to 36 inches long . 1.75 inches wide. and centered my horns… drilled my monting holes and drilled and threaded a hole in the center for my air fitting when i figure out the size of air line i need

Alright alright haha…

There is a pretty common bracket kit online for mounting the bells seperately.
They use 1/2" OD tubing. I am doing mine with 3/8" OD.

The manifold that they use is exactly like Mcmaster Carr #5469K135 or #5975K16 (wider spacing). Note the 1/2" NPT inlet. That is what you want.

Also the main airline leading to the manifold needs to be 1/2" DOT tubing minimum. 1/2" ID is better if you want the most out of your horns. That’s 5/8" DOT tubing.

For a k5 I would suggest an 8.5 gallon tank minimum. Compressors are rated for 5 gallons each, so you’re either stretching it with 1 compressor or if you get dual compressors - you might as well look for a 10 gallon tank. You can get 150psi or 200psi compressors. The horns sound great at 125 psi so it’s your choice. You can even stuff 200psi in your tank and use a regulator for 125psi to the horns for more honk time.

Thanks for the info if ya want I can email you a pic…I’m not computer intelligent… lol

upload pic to www.imgur.com

If you can’t figure out how to upload it to a hosting site, I can send my email address to your account (if you don’t mind)…

Welcome to the forum and Thanks for your service to this country from another vet.

ear2ear’s reference to the 5 gallon limit per compressor applies to Viair, AZ, and many others but not Oasis. Ours is only limited to duty cycle and being able to fill 5 gallons from 0 to 150 PSI in 55 seconds means you can fill a very large tank. Our XD3000 can run for 30 to 40 minutes but then needs to cool down for 30. Our XD4000 can run continuously.

dan, i would love to have one of those compressors but thats way out of my budget.

I hear that a lot but keep us in mind when you win the lottery…lol