Compressor location ?

Not sure if it is the right section but here it goes. I am a new member and I am going to be getting the shockers from hornblasters for my truck. I drive a 96 s10 with an extended cab. My ? Is can I put the compressor behind the drivers seat and would it be fine as long as I have air going to it via windows or a/c or can someone give me a better place. I just don’t anyone to steal it. Thanks

Welcome. No problem putting it in the cab. Just don’t let the leader hose touch the upholstery since it gets hot.

It will be around 70 to 80 db inside the cab.

All the above tips are great, but should make you think a little more about where you want to put it. What I did with my TB SS and my Tundra (when I had it) was get up underneath it, and look for a good high place to mount it. I was looking to keep it as dry as possible, as secure as possible, and as hard to access as possible. All in turn, while trying to keep it somewhere that air would circulate decent. For both vehicles, I found a good spot on the top side of the framerail to secure the pump to. Haven’t had a single issue at all, with either location on either truck. :slight_smile:

The noise inside the cab wouldn’t bother me too much I don’t think. I’ll go ahead and look for some other places to put the tank. Richard do you have any pictures so I could get a better picture.

Are you getting a smaller kit with the compressor attached to the tank?
It would be easier to tuck and fit the pieces if they’re seperate…

I could do it separate but I was going to get this kit

http://www.hornblasters.com/products/details.php?i=shocker-228vx-train-horn-kit

I don’t have any from either setup. It took longer to mount the compressor than anything else, they were really tucked in with both installs.

Just saying - in tight areas it’s easier to mount smaller pieces… I’m sure RichardCranium had a separate compressor if it’s on top of the frame rail.

Yup. I wasn’t even looking at the kit he had…sorry to the OP if I caused any confusion. My compressor is separate, and I have a 5 gallon tank.