Compressor runs, but air tank does not fill

Well getting close to the redo of my horn set up. And what do you know, compressor runs, blows air, but tank does not fill. Any ideas. I’ve Teflon taped every fitting.

How old is your setup?

Have you disconnected the compressor from the tank and run it? Whilst disconnected from the tank, if you were to put your finger over the end of the leader hose and turned it on, is there pressure there?
Have you disconnected the hose, before the check valve or after?

I have rebuilt several compressors in my time, and lack of pressure is normally down to a couple of things. Worn neoprene piston ring, a snapped or faulty reed valve on the piston head, or the most common is a faulty check valve.

yea I ran through the standard check list. You can add something to that list, a wide open drain valve. I was wondering why the hell the compressor was blowing air, and the check valve not leaking or the other fittings. I filled up the tank to 60psi, going to check it in the morning to see if I’ve solved my major leaks issue from before the redo, and then final wiring cleaning and general loose ends. should be good to go in a few hours I hope, when I get a chance to get around to it again.

Ooooooooopppppps! Lol

Don’t forget to close the drain cock;):stuck_out_tongue:

Ive Done that also :stuck_out_tongue: