Compressors worth rebuilding?

• so do y’all rebuild compressors ?

I tried emailing viair. Their inbox is full :confused:

Ok thanks - I may just try to find me two new / used 480’s or bigger

Go ob2.

go Oasis

Lil too pricey for my noise making addiction. Lol

Open to change - what are my options with Oasis ? Cheapest / best route - space is gonna be a issue unless I mount under my to box or under my truck somewhere. I haven’t even found room to implant my P5’s on my 2011 FX4 Ecoboost

Oasis is no doubt the best of the best!

We don’t rebuild but we do sell the rebuild parts.

If ob2 is too pricy, I doubt a 3000 fits.

Not if you think long term.

But how many do? I’d love a 3 or 4k. But buying a house, so don’t wanna burn downpayment. If I wasn’t buying a new place, I’d have a built tranny, head studs, and twins on my LML, and an oasis to go with my K3s

Update:

Well got it sent off to Viair, they are going to warranty it. Turns out the shaft was 1/16" too short, causing the counter weight on the connecting rod to rub against the motor face. We will see when it comes back, for now I put the 444C back in, with a swagelok 1/4" Leader hose, and Swagelok 1PSI check. As both viair checks have failed on me, and leak back through the compressor. Also have issues with leader hoses poping off the motor.

Hose is rated for 3000PSI, Fittings for 8000PSI, and the check for 6000PSI. I dont think it will leak or fail now. Those are all MWP, not burst. The fittings are 20kPSI shock rated. No idea on hose/check

Yeah, we use a ton of Swagelok at work. Stuff is bulletproof but like everything else, you get what you pay for :cool:

Yeah. But I shouldn’t have to touch it again. Those checks survive years at 4000+ psi, methonal and % sour gas on the downstream side. 150psi is minor.

And its true, you get what they pay for…I mean you pay for.