Conductor 540 ?

Plan on ordering the HB 540 tomorrow or later this week. Anyhow this kit comes with the pressure switch with a built in relay, so do i still need to run a relay for the hot/compressor wire( doesn’t run with ignition off)? I was planning on using a toggle for the compressor and momentary for the horn.
2. Is the pressure regulator just for other accessories(impact,etc) or is it important just to have for the horns.
3. It will be going on a 96 4x4 s10 so if you guys have any places to mount the equip greatly appreciate it. Planned on putting the horns behind the grill. Tank/compressor behind the seats( i do have extended cab)

Thanks, matt

No you don’t need to run another relay. I’m pretty sure that kit comes with a toggle switch. You just need to line that into the trigger line going to the HB combined pr.switch & relay to give you the ability to turn the compressor circuit off if required.

Download the kit install manual from the HB website - they have a good circuit diagram in there.

I don’t think there’s any kind of "pressure regulator’ in the kit. Where did you get that from? The switch will cut off at 150psi. If you want to run a spare outlet to run tools such as an impact wrench, you’ll have to put run a line to an outlet or a quick coupler. Word of caution though… rattle guns suck a lot of air. If you intend using it for a while then consider upgrading tank size or go for a better compressor.

I was just looking through there other products and found the regulator and it said for using with tools and such.

Ah… OK. You can put in a regulator if you wish. Depends on the type of tool you want to run. Rattle guns etc… won’t mind the 150psi. The regulators generally come in handy once you have a higher pressure system (i.e. 200psi pump).