Cost to power K3...

How much am I looking to spend if I want to get my K3 on board? What are good starting specs? gallons/cfm etc, looking for a guesstimated total

minimum 5 gallons… There is no max… from there it just depends on how fast you want to fill the tank(s) and how long of a blast you want …

What about cost?

$5 gal tank approx $70-80… Compressor $200 approx… So $300 and up from there depending on how crazy u want to get.

I’m probably looking at 300-400 for a horn, 200 for a compressor, 100 for a tank, and 100 for various stuff/hoses?

Am I under-budgeting?

My experience with them the many many times i redid my setup us fittings / hose are expensive… Better budget in another $ for various… lol

I just redid my shockers and by the time i got all fittings , hose , L brackets , self tappers , i am in the hole $150 or so… And now i am putting my K3 on and the PTC fittings are not cheap and 1/2" line isnt cheap either… adds up quick … if you wanna play u gotta pay!

Yep, you’re underbudgeting.

I’ve been lucky and found horns on here for sale. I just picked up a K3 for around $500 so you need to budget at least that much because that’s right around what they’ll cost (and they’re worth it, too!), another $100 on top of what you’ve got set for the compressor, and at least $50 more for the random stuff you’ll need to complete the install.

Buy what you can, when you can. Just leave it in a box (or boxes) until you’re ready to install.

Kris

Typically a cheap K3 install is about 650-700. A k5 is about 850-900.

You could skimp on stuff but youll pay for it down the road.

I found a K3 with a broken bell for 300 online. Not all of it is broken, but I figure I can replace it for less than the 300 dollar price diff between one that is not broken.

I really just need one good blast before school lets out this year. (i’m a senior in high school) I have a 7 gallon tank that I will pump up to 140psi or so and just blast it in the parking lot. I’m looking to build a 44 gallon setup, but right now i’m going the cheap way out because i’m currently jobless.

Sorry missed you had one. A bell ranges from 90-140.

You need, 4 1/2 barb fittings, a ball valve, and 1/2 hose. Cost about 30.00. Its not any cheaper then that.

If you want to blow from inside the truck youll need to drill holes.

An electric valve is cheap if you want to spend about 100 for everything and no hole drilling.

I have a 7 gallon tank off of a feed truck, and a DC5000 compressor. It seams to be a pretty good combo for me.