Delay in horn.

I’m sure this as been asked before and I looked for the thread but couldnt find it so…I hooked up my Shocker horn set and it sounds good but I hear my factory horn 1st (about 1/2 sec) then my LOUD horn sounds after that. The problem is I dont want to hear my factory horn 1st. How can I fix this? Could I maybe cut the length of hose running from my manifold to my horn (the hose is about 8" long right now)? or disconnect factory horn all together? Any advice would be great.

Thanks,
Akers

i would just cut the factory horn out altogether or add some switches. if the valve was to far from the horns the train horn’s cutoff would be sloppy how far the valve to the manifold + horns?. it could depend on how much wiring u used on the valve’s circuit

Not far. I have my valve, manifold and horns installed behind my grill. So from value to manifold about 14" or so then I have about 8" to 10" of hose from manifold to my horn. All together from valve to horn about 2 feet (rough est). As far as the circut I have the valve right behind my bumber and I ran the wire to my toggle switch under my steering wheel. I drive a GMC Sierra. By moving my manifold up closer to my horns I could get away with about 6" hoses. Best bet I think will be to disconnect factory horn.

yea i agree unless you want it still

I don’t want it. Good to go thanks for responding to my thread.

no problem at all

set up a 2 way toggle that way if a cop ever bothers you give em a flip of the switch

none of the cops in my town are that dumb and it would probably make them write me a ticket if i tried that lol

cops are gay. I would be glad to pay a ticket if I got to blast a cop in the process. seriously if they pull you over your most likely getting a ticket. might as well have some fun in the process. and if any of you all are cops. then I dont mean to be insulting. Its just that all the cops that have pulled me over are all douchbags

I’ve been fairly lucky dealing with cops. When you treat them with respect, they usually give you some respect back, but not always.

yea just make switches for ur stock horn and train horn…ur stock horn is always gonna sound first because its just electric, while u have to wait for that split second of air to release outta of ur tank, thru ur line and thru the valve, thats why theres a small delay…

Yeah…I want to be a cop one day. And I do agree, some -most- cops are d-bags. “If any of you are cops” If a cop had a trainhorn on their car, they would be the sh*t!! :smiley:

I always treat Cops with respect…they can determine really quick if you are getting the cuffs on or not…I hate cuffs…I hate being behind bars too, plus I don’t like to pay any kind of tickets…bottom line is I choose my battles wisely…

On a more serious note…My Son bought a Dodge Dakota that has been slammed 3"…what would be the best horns to mount…I told him the Conductors Special is what I would go with…

^^^ whats up SFT JONES…

SGT HERNANDEZ COMING TO YOU FROM IRAQ…

THANKS FOR YOU SERVICE…

Guess whos back…

prolly wont be back for long…

yea your horrible at lieing about your setup and hiding your new username that you cant think of yourself…
great job!

How do banned people post in these threads unless they’re banned afterwards?