Digital Pressure switch????

Hey guys… quick question?

I gotta Digital gauge and the wiring diagram shows only one wire going to the pressure switch, but my 400psi sender has two terminals on it??? Small black screw caps??

Anyone got the same one?:confused::confused:

i was confused when the gauge too. you send one wire to your gague and the other to ground. and make sure to configure your gauge to 400psi cuz thats what the sender on the compressor is configured to do (i know your not running any where near 400 but thats just how you have to configure it)
have fun!

Cheers mate… so does it matter which one goes to ground? Wot do you mean when you say “configure”? I left all the paper work at home for the gauge…

doesnt matter which one goes to ground. in the instructions you have to hook up a wire to"momentarily ground" the gauge on one of the terminals on the gauge without the sender wire connected. it tells you how to do it in the instructions and they arent that hard to do: its a lil tricky at first and it may take you a couple of times to get it right. k3s rule!!!:smiley:

Any chance you could write out the instructions for me… I’m at my mates house at moment…100miles from my house…instructions are at home:(

I know this is late… but here’s an excerpt of the manual. Should be the only part you need.

Setting the warning limits, sender setup, and update speed:
The SND terminal is used to enter and change the warning settings. You will need a wire connected to the SND terminal that can be momentarily grounded while you watch the gauge. The headlights should be off or the DIM terminal unhooked so that it does not interfere with the setup.

1. To enter the set mode, turn the key on with the SND wire not grounded. The gauge will display “SEt”.
  2. Ground the SND wire. The gauge will display “PSI”. (If you wait too long the gauge will exit the setup routine and you will need to repeat step #1).
  3. Release the SND wire. The gauge will display the current setup. “150” is for 150psi, “400” is for 400psi, “75” is for 75psi, and “30” is for 30psi senders.
  4. Each time you momentarily ground the SND wire the setup will change.
  5. When the desired setup value is displayed, keep the SND wire grounded for about 2 seconds. The gauge will display “ LO”.
  6. Release the SND wire. The gauge will display the current low warning pressure.
  7. Each time you momentarily ground the SND wire the number will change.
  8. When the desired low warning value is displayed, keep the SND wire grounded for about 2 seconds. The gauge will display “HI”.
  9. Release the SND wire. The gauge will display the current high warning pressure.
  10. Each time you momentarily ground the SND wire the number will change.
  11. When the desired high warning value is displayed, keep the SND wire grounded for about 2 seconds. The gauge will display “SPd”.
  12. Release the SND wire. The gauge will display the current update speed (slow or fast).
  13. Each time you momentarily ground the SND wire the speed setting will change.
  14. When the desired update speed is displayed, keep the SND wire grounded for about 2 seconds. The gauge will display “–”.
  15. Turn the key off.

Wiring:
PWR - connect to 12 volt power. (An accessory terminal will work for this.)
DIM - connect to the tail light circuit.
SND - connect to the pressure sender.
Gauge case - connect to a main ground location

The manual presumes you already have it installed. You can just hook up case ground and positive before following the instructions and its the equivalent of ‘turning on your key’.

Mate, thanks for doing that!!! I woz doing the install down at Milsters and had left the instructions at home, but read them when I got in and its all sorted now… I set the gauge for 400psi and the compressors are cutting off at 180psi each and everytime. Should I be setting it for 150psi???

now, where are the install pics?!??!?! :smiley:

You wouldn’t get the correct reading if you set the gauge to 150psi

I’m running 150psi and have mine set for 400psi if I set it for 150psi it reads about half of the actual air pressure.

huh, sorry dude me confused? I’m running a 150psi pressure switch…but the gauge is saying 180psi when the compressors cut off? I set the gauge to 400psi.

So it is reading higher than your actual pressure? Try re-grounding the digi sender unit… That worked for me.

Tried that this evening dude!!! its still going to 180psi then cuts out…???
I’m just a little worried I will damage the K3’s at that pressure, I know some people run 200psi…

You sure you got the correct tank pressure switch? only thing I can think of is it being a 175/145 +/- 5% psi switch…