Disatisfying

I ordered an electric solenoid from hornblasters… It ended up malfunctioning and they made me pay out of my pocket without reimbursing for shipping it back so they could test it. They tested it as a fault… They sent me another one and this one is doing the same thing. What the solenoids are doing is hanging open at certain times… Does anyone have a solution to this?

Check your ground and voltage to the valve. Might not be the valve.

110% sure it is the valve… Trust me i went through everything and when i sent the other one back that one was definantly faulty because he could blow through it and that would hold it open.

Also the solenoid that originally came with the horns I’ve never had a problem with… Even when i use to run them at 205 psi

Are you installing it in the right direction. ? making sure to line up the arrows for in and out? Also which valve did you buy from HB?

Na man it was the right way… If it was the wrong way it would close back but possibly blow the seal out… Ends up i was right on the fault. The valve was only rated for .7 mPa so thats why. Even though they were saying 217psi. (For anyone that doesn’t know 1 mPa is 145 psi and .7 mPa is 101.5 psi)

I haven’t seen anyone use pascals for pressure before. I thought they all used bar or psi now…lol

Like I said they advertised it for 217psi. But this is a false advertisement because on the solenoid itself it’s rated for .7mPa. It was from hornblasters, but I believe they are trying to resolve this problem

Is it an SMC valve? Or their other valve?

They said SMC but i don’t know what that means.

That’s just the brand name.

Just a little info:
I have some 1/4" SMC valves that say .7 MPa max and a 1/2" SMC that says 1.0 MPa max.
So I looked up the SMC specs in their catalog. Those are max operating pressure differentials. They list the max system pressure @ 1.5 MPa. There’s your 217psi.

Sorry you’re having issues. Hope it gets worked out.

Yeah i found out thats where the 217 psi came from… Apparently their “tech” group can’t crunch numbers right… I’m guessing they were confusing the max pressure .5 MPa for water for 1.5MPa… But they don’t even know what they are talking about because one of the tech guys was like ok so lets check out the max air pressure you know the mpa… And i was like bro MPa stands for megapascals and he was like oh yeah ok i know what your saying… And I’m like wtf…